PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

The Figure Head ExperimentGASM

Started by Cramulus, May 12, 2009, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

believe it or not, I actually learned about this via the OMGASM mission feed

http://www.myspace.com/thefigureheadexperiment

from what I can tell, it's a part of POSTERGASM focusing on these little sticker heads

QuoteWe are participants in the phenomenon known as The Figurehead.

The main objective of The Figurehead Experiment is to spread The Figurehead throughout the planet through use of both digital and analog media, culture jamming, marketing, and word of mouth. The Figurehead has been seen on every continent, in places as far as: Japan, France, Guam, Iraq, Scotland, Australia, Italy and all over America. The Figurehead Experiment encourages others to join the project by either spreading the image themselves, or by using The Figurehead as a template to make their own creations.

The Figurehead is an example of iconography. Iconography is the use of traditional or conventional images or symbols associated with a subject, especially a religious or legendary subject.

The Figurehead Experiment is an extension of OM, or Operation Mindfuck. Operation Mindfuck, is any movement that is believed to bring about social change through disrupting normal thought and procedure thus forcing the victim to question the parameters of one's own reality. The Figurehead has no words, no meaning associated with it. Therefore one must decide for themselves what The Figurehead is (or isn't).

The Figurehead that can be spoken of is not the true Figurehead.

The Figurehead is a belief system, an experience, and it exists for better or worse regardless of marketing. Marketing can and should support it, enhance it and promote it, but the organization itself has to live it.

We believe that any image of The Figurehead is sacred. All forms of defilement done to any image of The Figurehead (intentional or not), are actually seen as involvement in The Figurehead Experiment itself. All people have different reactions to The Figurehead. The more intense reactions including anger and even fear, are not only expected but embraced.

The Figurehead Experiment does not conduct, promote, or endorse any acts of violence or destruction. Furthermore, The Figurehead Experiment feels that personal property should never be vandalized, disrespected, or otherwise abused. Such acts upset the public's already misunderstood view of our art and the work of other artists like ourselves.

more pix: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=291227532&albumId=1055869

The myspace has the digital image file for the sticker head. He encourages you to download it, edit it, and send it back to him. They even have a flickr stream in case you put some up.

I love seeing other Discordians starting GASMs!

LMNO

Rococo Modem Basilisk

What is The Figurehead Experiment?

This is only part of an ongoing explanation of The Figurehead Experiment.

We are participants in the phenomenon known as The Figurehead.

The main objective of The Figurehead Experiment is to spread The Figurehead throughout the planet through use of both digital and analog media, culture jamming, marketing, and word of mouth. The Figurehead has been seen on every continent, in places as far as: Japan, France, Guam, Iraq, Scotland, Australia, Italy and all over America. The Figurehead Experiment encourages others to join the project by either spreading the image themselves, or by using The Figurehead as a template to make their own creations.

The Figurehead is an example of iconography. Iconography is the use of traditional or conventional images or symbols associated with a subject, especially a religious or legendary subject.

The Figurehead Experiment is an extension of OM, or Operation Mindfuck. Operation Mindfuck, is any movement that is believed to bring about social change through disrupting normal thought and procedure thus forcing the victim to question the parameters of one's own reality. The Figurehead has no words, no meaning associated with it. Therefore one must decide for themselves what The Figurehead is (or isn't).

The Figurehead that can be spoken of is not the true Figurehead.

The Figurehead is a belief system, an experience, and it exists for better or worse regardless of marketing. Marketing can and should support it, enhance it and promote it, but the organization itself has to live it.

We believe that any image of The Figurehead is sacred. All forms of defilement done to any image of The Figurehead (intentional or not), are actually seen as involvement in The Figurehead Experiment itself. All people have different reactions to The Figurehead. The more intense reactions including anger and even fear, are not only expected but embraced.

The Figurehead Experiment does not conduct, promote, or endorse any acts of violence or destruction. Furthermore, The Figurehead Experiment feels that personal property should never be vandalized, disrespected, or otherwise abused. Such acts upset the public's already misunderstood view of our art and the work of other artists like ourselves.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cramulus

Rococo Modem Basilisk

WHEN I SNAP MY FINGERS, YOU WILL AWAKEN AND FIGUREHEAD WILL HAVE A POSSE

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bu🤠ns

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Cramulus on May 24, 2009, 04:06:47 AM
http://illicitexhibitions.blogspot.com/2009/02/friday-profiles-figurehead-experiment.html

Too bad that sign wasn't signed "-THE MGT".

Perhaps this could be the basis of a memebomb / image macro campaign? Something along the lines of Advice Puppy -- Confusion Head?

Bu🤠ns

Bu🤠ns

Bu🤠ns

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Rococo Modem Basilisk