News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Post Apocalyptic Cuisine

Started by Bruno, August 04, 2008, 07:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: TheScarletReaper on October 12, 2008, 12:40:38 PM
Is this an actual apocalypse where radiation kills everything, god rains meteors on us, or is it a zombie apocalypse? If it's a radiation or zombie apocalypse I hope you have a basement with 60 years of food in it.

Zmobies only live 60 years?

It's an unspecific kind of apocalypse, but let's say for now that it's an economic apocalypse cause by overpopulation, overconsumption, and widespread incompetency.
Formerly something else...

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on October 12, 2008, 03:43:25 PM
Is this an actual apocalypse where radiation kills everything, god rains meteors on us, or is it a zombie apocalypse? If it's a radiation or zombie apocalypse I hope you have a basement with 60 years of food in it.

It's an unspecific kind of apocalypse, but let's say for now that it's an economic apocalypse cause by overpopulation, overconsumption, and widespread incompetency.

So, basically, the way things are IRL?

Jasper

YOU try adapting to new food sources when you're dead.

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 12, 2008, 04:56:04 AM
Quote from: LMNO on October 10, 2008, 08:38:34 PM
Gnocci is potato based.

yeah, it is.

but just try making it without flour.

isn't it a gluten thing maybe?

i'm not sure, do potatoes even have gluten?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jasper

East Coast Hustle

starch and gluten are not the same thing, and are not interchangeable.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kai

Quote from: Felix on October 12, 2008, 09:46:18 PM
Starch, I believe.

Yes, starch.

Gluten = protein

starch = carbohydrate
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Bruno

Quote from: Cainad on October 12, 2008, 05:53:49 PM

So, basically, the way things are IRL?

Basically, but that's not to say that some kind of cataclysm won't push us over the edge.

Asteroid, supervolcano, plague, nuclear attack/war, energy crisis, something's bound to happen sooner or later. Maybe it already has.
Formerly something else...

the last yatto

yatto would like to reserve this topic for his :pax: issue of intermittens. to go alongside crazy prepared
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit