News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

hamburgers

Started by minuspace, May 13, 2009, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

am looking for a meat tree, don't have time to scower site.
am here to translate snippets of a greater whole...

Cainad (dec.)

Um...

Are you asking for advice on how to make good hamburgers? Please to respond with a single "yes" or "no" before adding any 'witty' statements.

Oh screw it, here's a few tips that I know of:

1) Don't over-handle the ground beef. Cut off a good-sized chunk and mush it into shape without a whole lot of fussing. It's a burger; no one cares if it's perfectly shaped.
2) Don't flip it too often while it's cooking.
3) Don't use the really lean ground beef. If there isn't enough fat in the meat, it will taste like an old tire no matter what you do.

AFK

Visit your local Applebee's. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

ground beef needs mixed with egg, bread crumbs and ketchup.

i found, forget the eggs or breadcrumbs and they will fall apart.

ketchup is a good not-so-secret ingredient.

generic random idea says: onion + egg + breadcrumb + ketchup in blender

also salt and pepper

and maybe some cumin

do not put meat in blender, it's a bitch to clean (cause the stringy bits will twist all around the rotating knife, and you basically have to cut and scrape those lose--learned this from preparing pate)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

LMNO

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Khara on May 13, 2009, 06:49:48 PM
hotdogs

:evilmad:

I disagree. I can eat more than one hamburger in a row and feel okay, but eating more than one hot dog in a 24 hour period makes my stomach do this:

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on May 13, 2009, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: Khara on May 13, 2009, 06:49:48 PM
hotdogs

:evilmad:

I disagree. I can eat more than one hamburger in a row and feel okay, but eating more than one hot dog in a 24 hour period makes my stomach do this:

I can eat many many hot dogs without ill effect.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

I have an iron gut when it comes to almost anything else... but hotdogs are the bane of my existence. Normal sausages don't have the same effect on me.

But then again, I love capers. I might just be Nigel's culinary antithesis.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Fine then......

Andouille!

HA!

:evil:

minuspace

take beef ground of meat (from tree)
[do whatever you like doing]
[cook]
Top with thinly sliced lardo di collonata
melts

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on May 13, 2009, 08:30:34 PM
I have an iron gut when it comes to almost anything else... but hotdogs are the bane of my existence. Normal sausages don't have the same effect on me.

:argh!:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on May 13, 2009, 09:00:26 PM

So, Nigel: what kind of meal do you absolutely despise, loathe, hate, detest, revile, and abhor?

Because I'm pretty sure it's my most favoritest food ever.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on May 13, 2009, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 13, 2009, 09:00:26 PM

So, Nigel: what kind of meal do you absolutely despise, loathe, hate, detest, revile, and abhor?

Because I'm pretty sure it's my most favoritest food ever.

I really enjoy most food.

However, I once had a squid sushi with mint that was so vile I couldn't force myself to swallow it.