News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

ATTN: ETCETERA DISCORDIA

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, May 13, 2009, 07:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What's the status with this? Lots of other projects are being completed, and this one seems to have simply vanished.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

we're up to the ummmmm.. I think 10th draft? This is our first (and I hope to goddess penultimate) print version. Net and I are buying proofs, then squinting at said proofs with red pencil in hand. There will be one last round of edits before we finalize it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh good! I'm excited to see it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rev.Spade

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Rev.Spade on May 20, 2009, 07:52:40 PM
is that thing still alive?

I have done some extensive research, and this seems to indicate that it is indeed alive:

Quote from: Cramulus on May 15, 2009, 02:35:25 AM
we're up to the ummmmm.. I think 10th draft? This is our first (and I hope to goddess penultimate) print version. Net and I are buying proofs, then squinting at said proofs with red pencil in hand. There will be one last round of edits before we finalize it.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am wondering if whoever can't get this finished might be willing to pass it on to someone who can.

AFK

Well, it does have an appropriate name. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

E.O.T.

DEATH

marches on
"a good fight justifies any cause"

the last yatto

OMNIA

vincit amor
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

Submitted for your review:

This is the copy for the back cover of the book. What do you guys think? Honest feedback greatly appreciated.

In 1958 or 1959 (we're not sure which), Eris, the Goddess of Confusion, sent an Emperor Penguin to a bowling alley in California. It appeared before Malaclypse the Younger and Lord Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst and inspired them to create the Discordian Society: a tribe of philosophers, theologians, magicians, scientists, artists, clowns, and similar maniacs.

The Et Cetera Discordia proudly celebrates 50th the anniversary of this prophetic vision. It is a collage of the funny, weird, and often profound writings and art created by numerous modern (and post-modern) Discordians. This book is an invitation to join them in exploring, celebrating, and remixing this strange and exciting century.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think it's great!

Needs a "the" between "celebrates" and "50th".

minuspace

Admitting I know nothing, it looks good to me.

959 sounds nice;-)
[if whatever accuracy is necessary]

at a loss for possible substitution of word "remixing":  good meaning but poor sounding on first read thereof.
[not going to stand to firmly behind that nuanced criticism though]

> It appeared before Malaclypse the Younger and Lord Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst, inspiring them to create the Discordian Society:
[and because i'm tired ;-]

MMIX

. . . for "remixing" how about reforging - being as how it was a fake/forgery in the first place

MMIX obsessive word gamer
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Triple Zero

BTW consider being done before when people buy christmas gifts ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.