News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Kopyleft Principia Discordia Audiobook (Can such a thing be done?)

Started by Rev.Spade, January 17, 2010, 11:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

huh? EAC is free, and so is the FreeDB service.

all I know is that it has worked for me in the past with unlabeled copied CDs that I forgot what they were.

plus it's a damn good audio ripper.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 18, 2010, 02:22:57 PM
Yeah, or install Exact Audio Copy and let it search for it on FreeDB.

You wanna rip it to MP3s anyway unless you like taking a plastic box, opening and waiting for your CD tray to open and close and for the drive to spin up and play while putting the previous disc back into its plastic box and place it on the shelves, every single time you want to skip to listen to a different album!! at least a good 10 seconds wasted, that gets tedious !!

Really sometimes I wonder how people used to manage, back in the days.

Last CDs I bought spent over a year in their plastic wrapping just because I couldn't be arsed to fuck around with those silly things.

Really, nearly 5 inch in diameter and only fits 700MB? For fuck's sake ...

But I digress :)

I ripped them all to MP3's, I DJ an online radio show and I need all my music in MP3 form so I can. but I kinda doubt that if the artist is not organized enough to write their name or that of the album on the CD that they bothered to register it with online databases.

On the original topic, how many people want to do audio for this?  I have seen several maybes, but if we could get people to say which sections they would like to do we could get this underway.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Telarus

Sounds like an interesting project, I'd be down. I really like the audiobook idea and I would recommend thinking about a parallel slideshow to catch the more graphic parts of the PD, and you'd also have something for the video feed when you put it on YouTube, etc.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!