News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

"Pinealism"

Started by Cramulus, May 14, 2009, 06:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honey

QuotePenis-ist:  My goy primo dick is bigger & better than yours & just so happens to slay dragons too. 

A co-existing condition (often pre-existing with penis-ism) is the oddly named cliteralism.   "Oddly named" because it is yet another all too common disease often confused with clitoris-ignoratus.   This bizarre disease is most often diagnosed in men.  Mundane, however often truly horrifying in its effect (oh my!).  Women have been known to flee in what appears to be terror but is often just a barely disguised gleeful escape (the last is often combined with dancing ecstatically).  Not wanting to get too sidetracked here but here's one last fact.  The latest trend in treatment & corrective measures appears to be temporary clitoris-ignorattii colonies.  Jury is still out on that one folks.

Ah yes finally! back to good ole cliteralism.  Except for the confusing name, cliteralism is a simple albeit quite debilitating disease, in the known chaotic universe, it is often seen as a kind of learning disability.  Everything is taken absolutely literally (forgettabout metaphors, stories, fables, symbolic language, well you get the picture?) & with little or no humor.  Persons with this condition are commonly (sadly) identified with that guy at the party "in desperate need of a blow job."  Of course this being a misnomer because gender has virtually nothing to do with it (go figure?).  The usual prognosis is "to live a quiet life of desperation" & often, sadly, there is no cure.  Sometimes though, people just seem to snap the hell right out of it.  That is simultaneously, a freak of nature sorta miracle kinda thing & a joy to behold.     
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Honey

A dickshunary of sorts of terms necessary for understanding the penis-ist

Cynicism vs. KillAnyLastShredo'Joyism:

There's a difference between being a bully & revealing or exposing a bully (cynical or killjoy?). 

There is a difference (big time) between having a healthy dose of cynicism & being damn near incapable of experiencing joy even as your world crumbles.  Granted these moments of joy may be few & far between, but they are there.  Pay no attention, ignore or throw'em away if you want.  Do as you will.  Always there are choices & decisions.  When a choice or a decision presents itself, make it with as much mind & heart as is bloody possible, then, move the fuck on!  (cynical or killjoy?)  Correct a mistep if you can but whining about inconsequentials gets old (quickly) & doesn't solve anything (cynical or killjoy?).  There's a difference (bigtime) between being angry & dissatisfied & being self-involved (self-imposed solitary confinement).  Look around – there are always innumerable people that would get down on their hands & knees & beg to live your life (only too unaware of the absence of its joy). 

There's a difference between being a bully & revealing a bully.

Seek the Sacred Chao - therein you will find the foolishness of all ORDER/DISORDER. They are the same fukkin' thing!

And so it is that we, as men, do not exist until we do; and then it is that we play with our world of existent things, and order and disorder them, and so it shall be that non-existence shall take us back from existence and that nameless spirituality shall return to Void, like a tired child home from a very wild circus.

If you can master nonsense as well as you have already learned to master sense, then each will expose the other for what it is: absurdity. From that moment of illumination, a man begins to be free regardless of his surroundings. He becomes free to play order games and change them at will. He becomes free to play disorder games just for the hell of it. He becomes free to play neither or both. And as the master of his own games, he plays without fear, and therefore without frustration, and therefore with good will in his soul and love in his being.

And when men become free then mankind will be free.
May you be free of The Curse of Dickface.
May the Goddess put twinkles in your eyes.
May you have the knowledge of a sage,
and the wisdom of a child. Hail Eris.
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

MMIX

Quote from: Nigel on May 15, 2009, 11:43:10 PM
Holy crap. Will someone help me with this page? It's terrible.

http://discordia.wikia.com/wiki/Consequence_of_Eristic_Escalation#The_law_of_Consequence

I am becoming increasingly convinced that most of the wiki was written by 15-year-olds who just read the PD for the first time.

surely the consequence of eristic escalation is that shit happens

this passage seems beyond utility and past all aid
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MMIX on May 19, 2009, 01:19:00 PM

http://discordia.wikia.com/wiki/Consequence_of_Eristic_Escalation#The_law_of_Consequence

I am becoming increasingly convinced that most of the wiki was written by 15-year-olds who just read the PD for the first time.

:kingmeh:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MMIX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 20, 2009, 06:50:26 PM
Quote from: MMIX on May 19, 2009, 01:19:00 PM

:kingmeh:

sorry your majesty I didn't realise you wrote this
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Roaring Biscuit!

eristic escalation:

the stronger the prison, the bigger the jailbreak...  or something like that...  maybe with better grammar..

hooplala

I think a major factor in Pinealism that has been missed here is the massive delusions of grandeur.  The PD proclaiming that everyone is a Pope, and therefor is infallible has probably gone the farthest in creating Discordian  monsters all over the internet.

If one more, just ONE more n00b comes on here with a flourish of "I AM NOW HERE, YOU MAY ALL BASK IN MY EVERLASTING GLORY" I will probably blow a fucking gasket. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

"I AM NOW HERE, YOU MAY ALL BASK IN MY EVERLASTING GLORY!"
       \

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

I was being serious, though... I think its one of the bigger problems with pinealist n00bs that rarely gets brought up.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Telarus

I agree with Hoops. Bust out the list of Titles, and back them up or STFU.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: LMNO on May 21, 2009, 01:36:06 PM
"I AM NOW HERE, YOU MAY ALL BASK IN MY EVERLASTING GLORY!"
       \

STFU, N00B! I MET KERRY THORNLEY AND HAVE WRITTEN MANY OUTLANDISH ESSAYS!
      \

LMNO

chaoflux

looks oddly familiar ..

fuckkkkkkkkk
yall are bigger dorks than I am

chaoflux

also: this thread smells like religion
yall are bigger dorks than I am