News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

"Pinealism"

Started by Cramulus, May 14, 2009, 06:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

smells like teen religion
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on May 21, 2009, 01:22:45 PM
I think a major factor in Pinealism that has been missed here is the massive delusions of grandeur.  The PD proclaiming that everyone is a Pope, and therefor is infallible has probably gone the farthest in creating Discordian  monsters all over the internet.

If one more, just ONE more n00b comes on here with a flourish of "I AM NOW HERE, YOU MAY ALL BASK IN MY EVERLASTING GLORY" I will probably blow a fucking gasket. 

Also:  "I HAVE BEEN A DISCORDIAN FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW.  I WILL TEACH YOU IF YOU WANT."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: chaoflux on May 23, 2009, 12:34:36 AM
also: this thread smells like religion

My religion is thinking it's stupid when people say stupid things.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: B_R|S on May 24, 2009, 09:32:32 PM
E/O/T:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Discordianism   :lulz: :lulz:

That was hands-down the best and most accurate description of Discordianism I've ever seen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

here is another one, not as good but pleasantly confusing http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Discordianism
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: fomenter on May 25, 2009, 07:13:34 AM
here is another one, not as good but pleasantly confusing http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Discordianism

It is wonderful how that was clearly bastardized from an entry about Scientology. An entry which i have not bothered to cross-check, but I am guessing the Wikipedia entry. Good job guys!

Cain

I'm pretty sure Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli wrote the original version of that ED article, which was far more venomous, and so amusing.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 14, 2009, 07:58:20 PM
He concluded by pointing out that Internet Communication was not a good way to assess the human typing... at best it was a good way to assess how they interacted on the Internet. He also said, half jokingly, that he thought everyone on the Internet seemed to post as though they have a psychological disorder of some type.
My pet theory is that people are just better at hiding their disorders IRL, having had most of their childhood to practice.  Jesus, I'd probably be in a homeless shelter right now if I hadn't grasped KYFMS early on.  I wonder how an exposure to being online from an early age effects this - I was 20 before I communicated anything online, and it still doesn't feel "natural" to me.

nuclearcabbage

my face when "pinealism"

also, lol at the fact that its referred to as "pinealism"..  :)
><><><><><><

kiyotei

Quote from: Burns on May 24, 2009, 09:32:32 PM
E/O/T:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Discordianism   :lulz: :lulz:

Thanks for the link! It was a much easier read than the wikipedia definition. As a bonus, I learned the meaning of lulz.

Bu🤠ns