News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

List of Entities

Started by Prelate Diogenes Shandor, May 18, 2009, 08:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I've been working on a list of entities from Discordian and SubGenius (and FSMist) mythology, along with short descriptions thereof, for a compiled piece of SubGenius/Discordian mumbo-jumbo which I've been writing called "The Codex Dementia". There already is an annotated list of Subgenius entities floating around out there, but it's a bit too cut and dried, whereas in my list, I've done strange things like intentionally conflating Douglas Smith ("Rev.ivan Stang") with Adam Smith and Joseph Smith, postulated that the bullet that killed Kennedy really was "magic" and enhanced by spells from the Honest Book of Truth, and asserted that  Rod Sterling introduces The Twilight Zone because he's the herald of NHGH...in addition to giving normal information.

Anyway, here are the entries in the list for which I have already written descriptions (I have a lot more entities which I have not written descriptions for yet which I haven't posted here). What do you think?

Eris K. Discordia: Ancient Greco-Roman goddess of non-military conflict. She is, however, credited with indirectly starting the Trojan War after the other Godesses called upon a mortal prince to settle an argument that Discordia had started with regard to which goddess was the prettiest.
   She is credited by her followers, the Discordians, as the creator of the human race, due (in part) to the fact that, as the goddess of non-military conflict, she presides over the process of natural selection (although there are most likely many of her followers who would argue that at least one part of this assertation is incorrect, as is their way). She is also followed due to her ability to shake things up and "stick it to the man" and other such things.
   Her numbers are 5 and 23   

St.Gulik: A doppelganger of Sri Syadasti who happens to also be a cockroach. One of the five apostles of Discordia

DEVO:  A musical group prophesizing the termination of adaptive human evolution and the coming of a period of "De−Evolution" in which all of humanity's genetic adaptations would be lost, as they are replaced by technology and society succumbs to a kind of mediocre decadence

Lee Harvey Oswald: An associate of Mal-2. Acting alone, he assassinated President John F. Kennedy using weapons and ammunition enhanced by spells which he had secretly copied from the Honest Book of Truth... Or possibly he actually stole the entire Honest Book of Truth itself... I don't know for sure (and that's the truth)

The Mi-Go:   Alien Fungus−Yetis from beyond Uranus

NHGH: God of bad-luck and misfortune, and of minor inconveniences (and possibly bizarre accidents as well) in particular. There are some who claim that Rod Sterling is his herald (or, well, I claim it at any rate... when I'm at parties... after I've been drinking... if there's anybody there who already knows what the hell I'm talking about.......)

High Att: An entity who is claimed by his followers to be the reincarnation of one of the Earth's greatest philosophers as a being of elemental earth, but who is actually an eldritch artificial intelligence of cyclopean complexity who was built by the Yacatisma, and constitutes the Y-ist (yacatisma) equivalent of the X-ists' "MWOWM" Super[natural?]computing systems/engines

Diogenes of Sinope: An ancient Greek philosopher and counterfeiter whose assertions that dogs are better than people and that we should all therefore act like dogs instead of people form some of the earliesty underpinnings of both formal cynic philosophy and furry fandom. (I'm not shitting you, this was a real guy)

JR "BOB" Dobbs: Some call him "The Slack Master", "The High Epopt", and "The Saint of Sales", others call him less flattering names, such as "Liar", "Pimp", "Con-Artist", and "Whoremonger" (also "Dumbass"). In truth, both of these assessments are correct.
   "BOB" is a comic-book character who communicates with space-aliens and worships money. A supernaturally gifted salesman, he was beset with bizarre coincidences (always to his own benefit), and prophetic eldritch visions since his childhood. He founded the Church of the SubGenius shortly after meeting deadbeat hippies and all-around good guys Douglas Smith, and Philo U. Drummond, and selling them a set of gold tablets which suspiciously resembled the ones which had disappeared from the basement of one of Doug's relatives several years previously. He was later shot to death during a SubGenius devival, but he came back to life soon after the news of his demise had reached his creditors.
   His numbers are 606, 999, and 13013

Douglas Smith: Sacred scribe of the Church of ther SubGenius, who took over the Ministry after J.R."BOB" Dobbs went west to teach the Plains Indians how to be capitalist. Now travels under the assumed name "Ivan Stang"
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I've got another one, well, a few, actually...:

Affathough ("Azathoth", "Affa-Thog"): The cosmic principle of pointlessness and futility, and the deity of non-existence. As the embodiment of non-being, he does not exist (as that would defeat the point). Personified depictions of "him"/it usually depict Azathough as a deformed, giant, sometimes galaxy-sized amoeba, representing the absence of thought.

Ivo Shandor: The high priest of Gozer the Gozerian (aka. "The Traveler", "Gozer the Destructor", "Volguus Zildrohar") in the modern age. According to Egon Spangler of Ghostbusters Inc., he was known for his talents as an architect, and his enthusiasm for performing unnecessary surgery.

Emperor Joshua Norton the First of the USA: Saint Joshua Norton Caesar was a prospector in San Francisco who declared himself the King/Emperor of the United States of America "and protector of Mexico", and accumulated a sizable following of San Francisco residents who informally recognized his sovereignty. He is the patron saint of the subjectivity of reality and of the pulling of the wool over your/one's own eyes.

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Oh, and one more:

Arnold Palmer: An avatar of a bizarre, antediluvian creator god (the so-called "Bleeding Head of Arnold Palmer"), resulting from Satan's failed attempts to clone the head from its stigmatoid blood.