News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Squid's unlimited arts n craft n blah blah

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, May 21, 2009, 06:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 10, 2010, 09:48:58 AM
Cranked this out today.
Mr Squid soldered in an LED with a battery holder thing and a switch on the back.

This shot is with the flash so you can see the colors and texture

This is with lower light so you can see his lamp

It's 10X10
(that's 25.4 centimeters for eurospags)

Feh, it looks better in person.

AHHHHHHH I LOVE IT!  :fap:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I think I'm going to have to have a small Discordian gallery in my house after I move with collections from all of our artsy spags, because that is sheer brilliance and totally gallery worthy in my opinion.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

AAAAHHHH!

Squid, I need to find something I have that is awesome so I can trade you for a piece of your fish-related arts. I have a friend who would fall head over heels to get something like the tentacles or the anglerfish.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Man, you guys really like it?
Cause I'm looking at it thinking of what I can do to make it look better but I know if I touch it I'm just gonna fuck it up worse.

I thought I had a long canvas cause I was gonna do a jelly fish but I didn't and then I got sad.

I'm learning to work with different mediums for texture and depth, so these are all kind of experiments. I'm hoping to get better.

Thanks for all the compliments :)   it's encouraging.

NotPublished

It seriously is awesome! And yes as Suu has said - Totally Gallery worthy! I so want that in my house!
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 11, 2010, 12:38:34 AM
Man, you guys really like it?
Cause I'm looking at it thinking of what I can do to make it look better but I know if I touch it I'm just gonna fuck it up worse.

I thought I had a long canvas cause I was gonna do a jelly fish but I didn't and then I got sad.

I'm learning to work with different mediums for texture and depth, so these are all kind of experiments. I'm hoping to get better.

Thanks for all the compliments :)   it's encouraging.

I liked the tentacles better, it's hard to top those, except to make them BIGGER of course, but seriously those tentacles where sooooo cool.

The fish is also pretty damn sweet, but you may be right if you say the photos don't entirely do it justice.

If you're gonna keep working on it, only thing I can think of is to apply some subtle shading to the body and teeth, but maybe that's the bit I can't see on the photos. you could maybe fire up photoshop and draw shadings on the photo to see how it would look before you risk the original painting? Just some ideas.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Jenne

Holy fuck yeah!  Awesome work, squidlygirl!

Kai

Awesome depiction of Melanocetus (Melanocetidae:Lophiiphormes). :)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Kai on January 12, 2010, 04:27:09 PM
Awesome depiction of Melanocetus (Melanocetidae:Lophiiphormes). :)

I like to call him ... "lampy fish"  uhyuk!
it sounds you know, all technical an sheit.
:wink:

Sir Squid Diddimus

I finished that rubber shrug.
Here it is shown with harness--

yes I have a lot of crap in my garage. yes I'm using a high hat for a mannequin stand.
shutty.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

It did until I ripped out one of the sides and got really mad and just stood there till Mr Squid said "just put a buckle on it" and then I did and it fixed it. The end.

:lulz: