News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

Squid's unlimited arts n craft n blah blah

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, May 21, 2009, 06:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Those are fucking adorable!

You really should, if you have time, consider making a whole bunch and selling them on Etsy. I think they'd be really popular.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 29, 2010, 12:23:38 AM
Dude. Your beads cost WAAAAAAAAY more than these things.
Half of my parts are literally a dime a dozen. Like 12 for 10 cents.
That's not a fair trade at all.

I think I'm gonna do one of the craft fair things the ladies do here with this stuff. I'll put together some nice ones and just send them to you guys or something.

The spares I have are just itty bitty pairs, nothing at all fancy. You might be able to do something cool with them, otherwise they sit in this plastic bucket forever. Plus, what am I going to do with these earwires?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

LOVE your pink and yellow calaveras, Squiddy!  And I love love LOVE my fuse jewelry you gave me a while back.  Blows peeps' minds when I wear it--"Are those---FUSES?!?"  :D  I just smile and say, "Hell yes, and isn't it cool?"  Mah fuses is popular!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Lol, after much himming and hawing about being productive I thought I should probably do the Etsy thing.
All my friends said to, so I guess I kinda have to.
Besides I could use some extra shlubbin around money, even if it's just a little.

Nigel- you've convinced me. If they're just gonna sit in a bucket, that makes me think of how sad they must be, sitting there. In a bucket. Alone. Dang it, that's sad.
I'll use em!

I'll make you something pretty and send it to you, then you can send what you think might be a fair exchange of your "bucket leavins" and wire do dads.
Might take me a bit though.

Jenne- glad you like that stuff  :D

Jenne

I would totally pay you for a couple pairs of your felt earrings...I wish I had something to exchange, but card-making is about the only thing I've tried my hand at decently in the past few years, though I can sew, and I do small decorator projects here and there.  *thinks*  Oh, and I have made jewelry to some some effect as well...let me know!

Sir Squid Diddimus

So these are the things that are going in the art show tomorrow:

finished these two but never got pics of them finished(finally)

This isn't going in a show but I painted it today out of boredom.

it's watercolor and pen

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Don Coyote

Squiddy scares me. :mrgreen:

Very nice work (looked at the whole thread)

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 29, 2010, 02:06:02 AM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 28, 2010, 11:53:58 PM

That looks neat.
Whats it made of?

I took a 4X4 canvas, sculpted the tentacles on it with polymer clay, covered it in tiny pieces of torn construction paper, covered that in paint mixed with gloss paste and coated the whole thing in shiny. Theres also paint and pumice paste around where the tentacles come out of the "water"

Salty

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 28, 2010, 11:53:58 PM

it's watercolor and pen

Holy shit, this one is AWESOME! I like it a lot.
You might like the blog MONSTER BRAINS.
Some of it's weird junk, but a lot of it is totally bitchin' and or adorable.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Nast

Wow Squiddy, you're really good!

And disturbing.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus

This sold

my first night!

some dude came and shook my hand and said it's going in his kitchen. Sweet!

Jenne