News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

[GASM] Robotic High Weirdness by Mail

Started by Cramulus, May 24, 2009, 03:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

:lulz: Why not.

I'll start planning on the interface for content management soon, I'll be heading down to Adelaide this coming friday so I've been a bit busier than usual ( :argh!:) but I'll try write up a plan on my ride today and see if I can come up with anything.

Also, should we just keep it targetted in the US? It is possible to go International now, however it costs a bit extra. That could be something to look into later.

Does anyone have any resources for a list of addresses?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Cramulus

for now, let's stick to the US? if there was a version of postful for europe, we could use that, but for now I think we should go for the most bang for the buck, which will be US Domestic mailing.

addresses - this is a tough one! Perhaps there'll be a form which you can enter an address on after you donate 50c?

NotPublished

Alright, I suppose keep it in the US.
Can we get the addresses of famous people or politicians? :D

I'm thinking if there is something similar to the Yellow Pages/White Pages in america, I could perhaps design something to extract a bunch of addresses (How many would we aim for?)

And on the letters we should give them a link-back to the RHWM website where they can leave comments about how they wtf'd, cause then we know it's doing its job.

On another note, do we have any graphics for RHWM? I'm not that graphically inclined unfortunately, I could perhaps do a mock-up, but if any of our artists here would like to create something please do :D

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: NotPublished on February 02, 2010, 10:02:29 PM
I'm thinking if there is something similar to the Yellow Pages/White Pages in america, I could perhaps design something to extract a bunch of addresses

We have that. Problem is, it goes EVERYWHERE.

On another note, do we have any graphics for RHWM? I'm not that graphically inclined unfortunately, I could perhaps do a mock-up, but if any of our artists here would like to create something please do

Anything from the postergasm thread, the memebomb pics thread, or the kopyleft artwork thread should be fine. There's a lot of that, though, so it may be a good idea to create a thread for sorting out stuff that would be amenable to this format.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

NotPublished

Isn't the idea to target all over America? Or did you mean something else?

I'll look into the other threads when I get back home.

I tried making something on the train  :oops:

:x I can't draw anymore

Triple Zero

Quote from: NotPublished on February 03, 2010, 12:59:37 AM

Yes, but it's probably not hard to come up with a slightly more targeted list of addresses. I think ENKI means that a lot
of those addresses might be places where nobody in particular might pay attention to such a postcard or just assume it's
spam or something. Then again, maybe not, but it would be a shame if a card just got ignored.

I mean, I bet there are several posters on this board that have a whole bunch of addresses they can't wait to sign up
for this project [friends, family, foes, etc]

QuoteI tried making something on the train  :oops:

:x I can't draw anymore

I don't care. It is awesome :) Just dump it on the site somewhere, make it a button you have to click, whatever. Can't ever have too much swirly crazy robots.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 03, 2010, 01:58:46 PM
Quote from: NotPublished on February 03, 2010, 12:59:37 AM

Yes, but it's probably not hard to come up with a slightly more targeted list of addresses. I think ENKI means that a lot
of those addresses might be places where nobody in particular might pay attention to such a postcard or just assume it's
spam or something. Then again, maybe not, but it would be a shame if a card just got ignored.

I mean, I bet there are several posters on this board that have a whole bunch of addresses they can't wait to sign up
for this project [friends, family, foes, etc]

Pretty much. It is too easy to cast too wide a net and not get any hits. We might want to, for instance, limit it to private addresses -- and even then, we might want to limit it more (to, say, people or groups we figure might get something out of it -- a universal jake isn't going to hit anyone hard, and unlike postergasm, it doesn't hit more than one person).

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Lord Quantum

What about targeting a religious organization, like the Southern Baptist Convention? It wouldn't be hard to get a list of the addresses of all their member churches.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

tjg92

I might be able to hook you guys up with the addresses of everyone from my old baptist church (I'm down here in texas).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 12, 2010, 01:51:16 AM
Lys's Cold Reading Of Ultimate Doom:

You are a person prone to bouts of self-examination. This is in sharp contrast to a striking ability you have developed to appear very socially engaged, even the life and soul of the party; but in a way that only convinces others. You are all too aware of it being a facade.

This means that you will often be at a gathering and find yourself playing a part. While on the one hand you'll be talkative and funny, you'll be detaching yourself to the point where you will find yourself watching everything going on around you and feeling utterly unable to engage. You'll play conversations back to yourself in your head and wonder what that person really meant when he said such-and-such – conversations that other people wouldn't give a second thought to.

How have you learned to deal with this conflict? Through exercising control. You like to show a calm, self-assured fluid kind of stability (but because this is self-consciously created, it will create bouts of frustrated silliness and a delight in extremes, or at least a delight in being seen to be extreme). You most easily recognize this control in how you are with people around you. You have learned to protect yourself by keeping people at bay. Because in the past you have learned to be disappointed by people, you instinctively keep people at arms' length, until you decide they are allowed over that magic line into your group of close friends. However, once across that line, the problem is that an emotional dependency kicks in which leaves you feeling very hurt or rejected if it appears that they have betrayed that status.

Because you are prone to self-examination, you will be aware of these traits. However, you are unusually able to examine even that self-examination, which means that you have become concerned about what the real you is. You have become all too aware of facades, of sides of yourself which you present to the world, and you wonder if you have lost touch with the real and spontaneous you.

You are very creative, and have tried different avenues to utilize that ability. It may not be that you specifically, say, paint; it may be that your creativity shows itself in more subtle ways, but you will certainly find yourself having vivid and well-formed ideas which others will find hard to grasp. You set high standards for yourself, though, and in many ways are a bit of a perfectionist. The problem is, though, that it means you often don't get stuff done, because you are frustrated by the idea of mediocrity and are wearied by the idea of starting something afresh. However, once your brain is engaged you'll find yourself sailing. Very much this will likely lead to you having considered writing a novel or some such, but a fear that you won't be able to achieve quite what you want stops you from getting on with it. But you have a real vision for things, which others fall short of. Particularly in your academic/college situation, you are currently fighting against restraints upon your desire to express yourself freely.

Your relationship with your parents is under some strain. You wish to remain fond of them but recent issues are causing frustration – from your side far more than theirs. In fact they seem unaware of your thoughts on the matter. Partly this is because there are ways in which you have been made to feel isolated from certain groups in the past – something of an outsider. Now what is happening is that you are taking that outsider role and defending it to the point of consciously avoiding being part of a group. This will serve you well in your creative and career pursuits. You have an enormous cynicism towards those who prefer to be part of a group or who exhibit any cliquey behaviour, and you always feel a pang of disappointment when you see your 'close' friends seeming to follow that route. Deep down it feels like rejection.

However, for all that introspection, you have developed a sensational, dry sense of humour that makes connections quickly and wittily and will leave you making jokes that go right over the heads of others. You delight in it so much that you'll often rehearse jokes or amusing voices to yourself in order to 'spontaneously' impress others with them. But this is a healthy desire to impress, and although you hate catching yourself at it, it's nothing to be so worried about.

There's also an odd feeling that you should have been born in a different century. You might be able to make more sense of that than I can.

There are some strong monetary shifts taking place at the moment. Both the recent past and what's in store over the next few months represent quite a change.

You have links at the moment with people abroad, which are quite interesting, and will look to yield worthwhile results. You're naturally a little disorganized. A look around your living space would show a box of photos, unorganized into albums, out-of-date medicines, broken items not thrown out, and notes to yourself which are significantly out of date. Something related to this is that you lack motivation. Because you're resourceful and talented enough to be pretty successful when you put your mind to things, this encourages you to procrastinate and put them off. Equally, you've given up dreams a little easily when your mind flitted elsewhere. There are in your home signs of an excursion into playing a musical instrument, which you have since abandoned, or are finding yourself less interested in. (This may alternatively relate to poetry and creative writing you've briefly tried your hand at and left behind you.) You have a real capacity for deciding that such-and-such a thing (or so-and-so a person) will be the be all and end all of everything and be with you for ever. But you'd rather try and fail, and swing from one extreme to the other, than settle for the little that you see others content with.

Conclusion: It's very interesting doing your reading, as you do present something of a conundrum, which won't surprise you. You are certainly bright, but unusually open to life's possibilities – something not normally found among achieving people. I'd say you'd do well to be less self-absorbed, as it tends to distance you a little, and to relinquish some of the control you exercise when you present that stylized version of yourself to others. You could let people in a little more, but I am aware that there is a darkness you feel you should hide (much of this is in the personal/relationship/sexual area, and is related to a neediness which you don't like).

You really have an appealing personality – genuinely. Many thanks for doing this, and for offering something far more substantial than most.

/coolaid

oh yeeeeeeah.

I don't think this would fit on one postcard, but, would be pretty cool for a one every week till its finished with appropriate pictures :D

Interestingly (or not) it doesn't describe anything that applies to me. Most of it is nearly the opposite of describing my life... if someone seriously sent me this as a reading, I would :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

ive been collecting business cards for this purpose
still not sure what print to get, but a hundred postcards for seventy bucks seems to be the cheapest ive found
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

NotPublished

I haven't touched anything yet  :oops: I don't know when I'll start progress, preferably when I buy a new laptop (Which should be soon)

the last yatto

best price on postcards that i found so far...

clubcardprinting.com/product_info?c_product_id=426
250 postcards $68
1000 postcards $89
http://www.clubcardprinting.com/product_info?c_product_id=550 :fap:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

while their 250 $59.99 price is cheaper, the thousand isnt    $119.99
eta: also looks like vista charges you to upload your photo... and proof it.

and im not sure id trust something that shares the same name as a microsoft product...
are they going to take the money and run?