News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Artist Wanted for NOT UNDER MY ROOF

Started by Cramulus, September 14, 2010, 05:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Artist Wanted to create graphics for Not Under My Roof! playing cards.

thread: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=25529.0

What I need: about 18 illustrations, one for each of these cards. Each one is about 2x2 inches. These are simple things, like a guy being hit with a chair. could consist of stick figures.

What You Get: A free copy of the finished game

If you're interested in helping, I'd love to see some sample work. But don't create all 22 yet, we should talk a bit before you start drawing.  :D

Roaring Biscuit!

hi there :)

Obviously you've seen some of my stuff before, but I can do more iconic/cartoony stuff too

xx

edd

Cramulus

ooh! RB, I love your work. Yes, if you're willing to help, that would be super bad ass sweet daddy jones.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i would offer to help but i never even finished the last time i offered to help with something  :lol:
but now i have an unbroken screen AND an unbroken tablet....  :eek: so i will help if you want....or get back to that other thing i was supposed to do...

DD44

I'm up for it ... if its still a go.
's gonna take some time to do it properly though..

Roaring Biscuit!

Cool, it sounds like fun, though I probably wont be able to start anything until thursday at the earliest.

A little swamped with doing the artwork for me bands first demo ('tis very excitin'), but that should be all wrapped up by then *fingers crossed*, and after that I'm all for it.

Did you have any particular art style in mind?  Just so I can maybe do some mind mulling before I start in earnest

xx

edd

Cramulus

yeah, I've been thinking about doing stuff in the style of a men's room sign. Sort of iconic representations of people. I'd laid out a number of things and none of them looked any good. But then again, I have very little artistic skill, so there you go. I am also open to the idea of really action oriented illustrations in a sort of comic book style. The point here would be to convey the mood of the game, a fast-paced high-energy match with lots of screaming and bulging eyes.

For those of you following this project, I could use some feedback. I am currently contemplating a revision which would make the game more freeform.. I call it the Freerunning Smash and Dash Playtest. Basically, we drop the part about conceptualizing the level as a line. You can move anywhere in your house. You are allowed to pass your opponent. Before play, you designate 1-3 exits.

When you attack somebody, they become stunned. This lasts until the end of your turn, or their next turn (if you used a power attack). If somebody is stunned, you can force them to move through an exit.

This means that the fights can really go anywhere in the house. But it removes the notion of having your back up against the wall.. if you're near an exit, and you draw the right cards, (attack, move, power attack) you can beat your opponent in one turn.

It really does change the feel of the game a bit. What do you guys think?

new card text here: http://principiadiscordia.com/cramulus/index.php?title=Smash_and_Dash_Playtest

Jasper

I have some artistry for sketching, but they'd be raw scans.  If a photoshopper wanted to team up, I think we could scare up some pretty good card art.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jasper

Sweet!

I like your sketches more than I like mine, but I'll try to post some stuff tonight!  Might be a few hours, since I'm out dog sitting.  :P