News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

The Tales of Mr. Oliver Tuppence

Started by Cramulus, May 24, 2009, 04:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I'm not sure if I've posted this before. I wrote this in 2006-ish, during a period of isolation and insanity. (I was working from home writing professional LARPs, to give you and idea of the weird world I lived in) So without further ado, here are four very short stories about Mr. Oliver Tuppence, a magical flying pair of sunglasses.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

This reminds me of the books I read as a small child.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

bds

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It would be wonderful to have these illustrated, and try to sell them to publishers as children's books.

I would enjoy seeing the rejection letters very much.

I would enjoy it even more if they did not get rejected.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

I insist that the word "batshit" be left in the text regardless of audience!

not really, but it would be highly amusing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on May 24, 2009, 05:20:39 PM
I insist that the word "batshit" be left in the text regardless of audience!

not really, but it would be highly amusing.

Someone might actually publish it as a children's book for adults

in fact, I am loving on the idea of highly adult children's-format books for adults.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on May 25, 2009, 01:18:31 AM
Someone might actually publish it as a children's book for adults

in fact, I am loving on the idea of highly adult children's-format books for adults.

It's what Shel Silverstein would have wanted.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love that guy.

It needs to happen!

Cainad (dec.)

Heck yeah, it does! Get this sucker printed on heavy cardboard, like "Hop On Pop"!

I'm pretty sure I have Shel to thank for my current personality. I read that stuff when I was maybe 10.

Cramulus

Sir Squid Diddimus

I fucking love these.
How the hell did I miss this shit the first go round?

Cram= super genius, like Wile E. Coyote, without all the fail

I would totally buy a set of these books for my son, who's no longer little, and he'd love the shit out of them.

God damn.

Jenne