News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

BIG...MEATY...

Started by Bu🤠ns, May 31, 2009, 10:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Wow, i didn't realize there was such a shellfish sensitivity prevalent.

Quote from: Jenne on June 02, 2009, 12:47:46 AM
Mmmm!  Yes, our Mother's Day feast looked similar.  We got some Louisiana boil seasonings and went to fucking town.  Good on ya, Burnsie!  Yum.
Louisiana boil seasonings....that sounds so much better than 'Old Bay'.  Good tip. ty.

I'm gonna REALLY enjoy my bugs next time.

Jenne

I think Old Bay is mighty Southern...but there are some specific Louisiana ones I found that I wanted to try--much much spicier than Old Bay, as it happens.  :lol:  Which was unintentional, but still delicious (even if my mom did bitch about it some).

AFK

Quote from: Fred Noodle on June 01, 2009, 06:08:23 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 01, 2009, 03:44:23 PM
Fred, these are the crabs that come from the ocean, not from that sleazy tavern on the outskirts of Columbus.

I DONT EAT OCEAN FOOD  :argh!:

Ditto.  I like my meat terrestrial. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I either use Zataran's Crab & Shrimp Boil or mix up my own stuff.  I always thought Old Bay was NE US.   :?

In any case, THAT FOOD LOOKS DELICIOUS!!!!!

I REALLY REALLY WANT NOW!!!!!!!

Jenne

Is it?  They sell it in Missouri (the bootheel region near KY), so I always thought it was Southern...

LMNO

It depends on your definition of "South", I suppose.  Created in Maryland, and used primarily on the Gulf Coast/Mid-Atlantic.

Technically, it's below the Mason-Dixon, so...

Jenne

Ah, that's about what I thought--ok.  Good to know.

Old Bay is a good stand-by for my family--we usually use it for catfish, iirc.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Y'all have to try Zataran's or Louisiana Boil.  Both are AWESOMENESS!!!

Just be careful with the liquid one, it can really over power, especially if you fail to notice (like I did) the word CONCENTRATED!!! :lulz:

We use either of those for crawfish, then when they are spread out on the table you sprinkle them with a combination of cayenne, seasoned salt, really fine lemon zest.....  ZOMG YUM YUM YUM!!!

Jenne

I think that Louisiana boil's the one we used!

Sir Squid Diddimus

We don't use none o that Old Bay craip down here. That's fer them Marylanders.
it's Louisiana Boil or geeeeeitaooout!