News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Dec 21 2012

Started by Torodung, March 02, 2009, 05:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2009, 03:30:45 AM
They did sacrifice people, just not with the frequency and scale of the Aztecs. Usually high-ranking war captives.

Naw.  Pretty much all captives.  Hell, they had wars just so that both cities involved would have enough sacrificial victims.  But the Aztecs were the bloodthirstiest of them all...at times, they would sacrifice 5000 people in one day (according to Fahrenbach).  All the other tribes (Chapultapec's crowd, etc) figured they had jumped the shark, and joined with Cortez the moment he showed up (700-1100 Spaniards did not conquer Mexico...they had the help of 200,000 or so pissed off Indios).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No, from what I've read the Mayans farmed out the lower-ranking captives to upper-class families as servants, and only sacrificed the high-rank ones.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2009, 09:35:09 AM
No, from what I've read the Mayans farmed out the lower-ranking captives to upper-class families as servants, and only sacrificed the high-rank ones.

Could be that I'm mistaken.  I've always been more interested in the Aztecs...everything I've learned about the Mayans has been incidental to studying the colossal insanity that was the Aztec tribe of the Mexica.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Aztecs were pretty fucking insane.

I used to work with a Mayan guy. Holy hell, he was hot as fuck. Only about 5'2", but jesus fucking christ he was hot.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2009, 06:25:19 PM

I used to work with a Mayan guy. Holy hell, he was hot as fuck. Only about 5'2", but jesus fucking christ he was hot.

THAT IS WHY GOD GAVE US CHLOROFORM, NIGEL.  SO TOYS LIKE THAT CAN BE PROPERLY STORED IN THE ATTIC.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2009, 06:37:35 PM

THAT IS WHY GOD GAVE US CHLOROFORM, NIGEL.  SO TOYS LIKE THAT CAN BE PROPERLY STORED IN THE ATTIC.

:lulz: I think my housemate can get me ether from the lab, maybe I should keep some on hand just in case.

Torodung

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2009, 06:37:35 PM

:lulz:
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

Dalek

Against 2012 tards I use the fact that if someone told them to carve all the dates  in the world on a fucking stone, they would not carve to infinity. THEY WOULD STOP! I hate people, unable to use their brain!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2009, 06:07:25 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on March 06, 2009, 10:18:03 PM
Yea, as far as i understand it, the 2012 date is when it starts over the long count.
also.  i thought the Mayans did not sacrifice people?  (just the Aztecs and Olmecs)

Incorrect.  Pretty much all of the meso-American city builders were into hacking peoples' hearts out and throwing maidens into their drinking water.

Very large numbers of many, many tribal societies had some sort of rituals involving the murder of maidens/children/captives/enemies/someone.

Even the Jews, apparently for a time worshiped "Molech" and made their sons 'pass through the fire'. Pissed off old YHVH to no end.

Assuming, of course, that the 'Jews' of the Bible have any historical truth behind their exploits.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Well, time to start up the "Jews for Molech" campaign...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

the last yatto

Quote from: Torodung on March 02, 2009, 03:12:00 PM
My world didn't end in 2000.
well if you factor in the 21 month delay...
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit