News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

On the subject of FNORD

Started by Arafelis, June 07, 2009, 03:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roaring Biscuit!

that is a fucking awesome plant thing.

Telarus

This is what ferns look like where I come from, bizatches:

Hapu'u (Hawaiian Tree Fern):
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

You mean the dyslectic discordian thinks a fern is an illuminati plant?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Kai

Now THAT, explains everything.

Also, notice the use of absurdism in the last page. Shows that you don't need to be a pinealist to partake, and it can even be FUNNY.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Epimetheus

Arafelis, I believe instead of the Illuminatus! Trilogy or the PD you should be reading the Book of Palms.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

There isn't enough serious discussion here, this is a frondulent discussion on the topic of FNORDS.

Fnords are an endangered species, just as scared of you as you are of them. It's only because of human encroachment upon their usual territorial lands that they have become a problem. You see they had to survive, so they adapted and evolved a camouflage. It worked quite well until those old farts Bob Wilson and Bob Shea told people about their tiny sanctuaries. Now, humans and cabbages are regularly turning up fnords and ruining their habitats.

Please, the next time you are about to dissect a piece of propaganda, pause for a moment and think of the fnords.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Arafelis on June 07, 2009, 07:50:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 07, 2009, 06:07:35 PM
You might know something AMAZING, but if you deliberately piss off the people you are trying to tell it to, you may as well not have bothered.

Funny, but that was the point I was trying to make with my critique of Welcome to Prison.

I don't want you to be angry, but I also probably don't care if you are.

From my point of view, which I'm sure you're deeply concerned with (see above), I took the first punch.  I replied evenly to Nasturtiums, and this whole "fuck you for trying to tell us what fnords are" meme that's getting passed around is a direct result of the questions they asked and what I gaged to be holes in their knowledge, after fucking asking them.

I will, as I think I've shown, respond evenly to reasonable points made.  This isn't an invitation with an expiration date: whenever you want to start over without jumping to the conclusions that appeal to your rage and boredom, I'd welcome it.  In the meantime, I will respond in the tone I am addressed in.  You don't need to be a bubblegum witch to see where that road leads.

No, no I don't.  We've been down this road a time or two.  So you started off with insults, and now you're graciously willing to be reasonable when other people are?  How very nice.

Eat a dick.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Arafelis

"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BabylonHoruv

Ooh Roger and Arafelis are gonna have hot hate sex!  Either that or there is some cannibalism about to commence.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Epimetheus