News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

The Backfire Effect

Started by Thurnez Isa, June 07, 2009, 04:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

I think this was discussed  lightly before... but thought it would be interesting in terms of religion and more importantly your BIP project.. hell it might jarg some good rants or writings or something

it was study done a during the elections...

http://www.duke.edu/~bjn3/nyhan-reifler.pdf

Political scientists Brendan Nyhan and Jason Reifler provided two groups of volunteers with the Bush administration's prewar claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. One group was given a refutation -- the comprehensive 2004 Duelfer report that concluded that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction before the United States invaded in 2003. Thirty-four percent of conservatives told only about the Bush administration's claims thought Iraq had hidden or destroyed its weapons before the U.S. invasion, but 64 percent of conservatives who heard both claim and refutation thought that Iraq really did have the weapons. The refutation, in other words, made the misinformation worse.

Ill hold any opinions I have till people read and and commented on the study...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante