News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Proposing the "inverse law of conspiracy planning"

Started by Cain, May 10, 2009, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Normally, if you want to commit a criminal conspiracy, the less conspirators in on it, the better.  The logic here is pretty sound - less people who know about it means less chance that someone will blab and the conspiracy will be found out.

Not if you're in Washington D.C., however.  Here, the bigger the conspiracy, the better.  That's because, if you include enough conspirators from the opposition who are meant to hold the government to account, party loyalty means they wont even bother to lift a finger, once the conspiracy is invariably discovered.

I present example one: http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/05/intelligence-re.html

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

It makes conspiracies FUNNIER, anyway, since now they're BOUND to get out, and we can watch all the cockroaches scurry for the corners.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.