News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Parables: Five Sentences or Less

Started by Cramulus, June 24, 2009, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

These threads are like the microblogging of irreligious propaganda.  :p

Five times per week, Bung Fu the Fool took the train to work.

As the locomotive pulled into the station, he contemplated stepping off the platform and bringing his life to an end under its uncaring wheels.

"You should just do it," said the stranger behind him, "I'll even push you if you'd like."

"You're probably right, my day isn't going to get any better than this," said Bung Fu as he boarded the Sisyphus Express.

Luckily there was a trainwreck and everybody died.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:mittens:

I hereby declare the Five-Sentence Parable an Official Discordian Art Form.

Perhaps we could call it a Pentakoan?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

"I want to change the world," said Golden Rod as he stood up.

"Change it to what?" asked the monk Nopants, smirking.

"That sounds really difficult," sighed Bung Fu the Fool.

Golden Rod nodded at what they were saying and sat back down.

LMNO

Richter

A young idealist, by great trial, saved a way of life from ending.
The mass of humanity, tunnel visioned on daily minutia of this civilization, didn't notice, didn't care.
The idealist, frustrated, and convicned they should value what they had, turned off their Cable TV for a day.
He was jailed, convited, and recorded in history as a criminal
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat