Rev Roger Heresy #4: Rejecting Malaclypse the Younger.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 01, 2004, 07:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Demonica, Oracle of Doom

Sheer Genius!

Great exlanation of discordian values!

I've always been breaking systems and causing discord
since the day I was born and I refused to stay in one occupation
just because I had the schooling or training.  I've
been a nurse, truck driver (CDL),  machine operator (with a ponytail)
and now I'm a phone psychic Tarot reader.

The only reason I haven't talked about or reported
the mind-fucking things I do or have done is because
I'm a very rebellious person (in a nice kind of way)
and someone on the board once told me to report things,
so I didn't.  

Also some of the things I've done are not extremely law abiding
and I have kids who don't want to visit me in jail, and I don't
want to live in the same jail as my ex husband.

But I still enjoy a good three word story.  

I did appreciate your rant and your intelligence.

A toast to Eris!

:twisted:

http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html

"I don't want the world.
I just want your half."

Bella

This is madly brilliant, Roger. Didn't piss me off at all and made me think.
Come to think of it, I don't think you ever have pissed me off. Sorry about that. There's a little voice in my head that keeps saying "for gawds sake, don't admit to that or he'll just try harder."

A lot of this makes sense to me, especially the part about us being system/organization busters. My father used to tell Demonica and I that we were born with rebellious souls, and for once Daddy was right. Imagine our joy when we wandered in here and found a whole forum filled with the peoples of discord and chaos. It's fun, but there is also an exchange of energy that doesn't happen for me when communicating with the "normals".

I love three word game, but realize it's just for fun and it's not the reason I'm really here. And as for the principia...it's great fun too, but it warns us continually over and over not to believe what we read. Duh! I warn my clients to take what I tell them with a grain of salt....and mean it. I assume the author of the principia also meant what he said. Or not. Daddy was a professional con artist and I hope I have the smarts to recognize a load of shit when I see one - even when it's a good load of shit that has a very profound underlying message of freedom and self determination. Not to mention that the principia is an excellent satire on the whole of idea of holy scripture.

The danger I see in the Principia (or any other source of authority) is that it can be taken seriously and that simply sets us up with a whole new organzation, which then needs to be broken down. And we start all over again and it's a lot of work. I hate work.

PS: Demonica mentioned in her post that she doesn't talk much about her off-line exploits...she just lives it. She's been causing chaos since she was two years old and beat the living hell out of the neighborhood bully and then blamed it on me. I try to follow her example. My point is that just because some of people don't talk about  "jakes" (I hate that word) doesn't mean they aren't out there screwing things up to the best of their ability. Who the hell says we have to report anyway? I don't wanna get caught so there's no way I'm gonna put some of my stuff up here.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomMy point is that just because some of people don't talk about  "jakes" (I hate that word) doesn't mean they aren't out there screwing things up to the best of their ability. Who the hell says we have to report anyway? I don't wanna get caught so there's no way I'm gonna put some of my stuff up here.

1. I'm not wild about the word, either.  It is, however, in common use here.  I prefer the acronym "FUBAR" (Fuck Up Beyond All Repair).

2.  Brag thy sins, so that others may try them.

3.  They haven't caught ME yet...

This was, of course, inspired by Tao's rather ridiculous attempt to rebuke me for improper Groupthink(tm).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bella

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomMy point is that just because some of people don't talk about  "jakes" (I hate that word) doesn't mean they aren't out there screwing things up to the best of their ability. Who the hell says we have to report anyway? I don't wanna get caught so there's no way I'm gonna put some of my stuff up here.

1. I'm not wild about the word, either.  It is, however, in common use here.  I prefer the acronym "FUBAR" (Fuck Up Beyond All Repair).

2.  Brag thy sins, so that others may try them.

3.  They haven't caught ME yet...

This was, of course, inspired by Tao's rather ridiculous attempt to rebuke me for improper Groupthink(tm).

1. I love FUBAR and use it to describe my life about half the time.

2a. Only people who work in law enforcement or at the courthouse may try most of the particular sins I had in mind.

2b. I swear I had nothing to do with the recent onslaught of pamphlets titled "How to Survive a Raptor Attack", which mysteriously appeared on cars all over town.

2c. Demonica's husband did not go insane and end up in the nuthouse fer nothing. She may or may not have put a giant sign in the window of their home in Utah which read..."Happy Fucking Easter".

3. I hope they never do.

4. I figured that was the inspiration.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomShe may or may not have put a giant sign in the window of their home in Utah which read..."Happy Fucking Easter".

3. I hope they never do.

2.  I'm working on a "They detained Santa!" campaign.

3.  TOP OF THE WORLD, MA!  EAT LEAD, FED!

4.  I found it hilarious, but also felt that a "serious" answer was necessary.  Not that Tao spends a lot of time in this neck of the woods...

Phantom Trollax

There are also those of us who are spiritualists about the whole thing...

Some of us are firmly tied to this world and it's many idosynchrocies, others of us are intent of imbuing meaning and purpose behind our iconoclastic actions. Well hell to you that's probably a load of shit, and yes I've been really tired of your antics lately. Hell yes the Yahoo's thing was a great riot, but no... I'm not going to sign onto your trip and see the world from anywhere near your particular vantage point anytime soon.

I'l say this Roger. Eris doesn't care a shit about anything. She'll wiper her ass with your choice of holy books and bed her lover on your choice of flags. Your precious constitution? It's her napkin at a pork ribs night. Sure, Yes. I like what you have to say even when I disagree with it, but you and I will never agree on this particular issue.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Phantom TrollaxThere are also those of us who are spiritualists about the whole thing...

Some of us are firmly tied to this world and it's many idosynchrocies, others of us are intent of imbuing meaning and purpose behind our iconoclastic actions. Well hell to you that's probably a load of shit, and yes I've been really tired of your antics lately. Hell yes the Yahoo's thing was a great riot, but no... I'm not going to sign onto your trip and see the world from anywhere near your particular vantage point anytime soon.

I'l say this Roger. Eris doesn't care a shit about anything. She'll wiper her ass with your choice of holy books and bed her lover on your choice of flags. Your precious constitution? It's her napkin at a pork ribs night. Sure, Yes. I like what you have to say even when I disagree with it, but you and I will never agree on this particular issue.

1.  Bah.  New-Agey bullshit.

2.  Tired of my antics?  Which antics?  I'm trying to accentuate my style, you see.

3.  WHAT constitution? :lol:

Rev Roger,
Can be pissed on, but not pissed off.

Demonica, Oracle of Doom

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomShe may or may not have put a giant sign in the window of their home in Utah which read..."Happy Fucking Easter".

3. I hope they never do.

2.  I'm working on a "They detained Santa!" campaign.

3.  TOP OF THE WORLD, MA!  EAT LEAD, FED!

4.  I found it hilarious, but also felt that a "serious" answer was necessary.  Not that Tao spends a lot of time in this neck of the woods...

"They detained Santa"  is great!

Don't let Bella fool you.  I'm a meek conformist compared
to her exploits of discord.

I can't tell you most of them, but she once singlehandedly
imploded the entire contents of a milk truck.  
Torched her hair in school (don't try this at home).  

On a more serious note I do feel sorry for reducing my ex's
reality to rubble along with his mind.  I didn't really mean to
do it,  I just can't always behave.    :evil:

"I don't want the world.
I just want your half."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Duchess DemonicaOn a more serious note I do feel sorry for reducing my ex's
reality to rubble along with his mind.   :evil:

No, ya don't.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Demonica, Oracle of Doom

Quote from: Duchess DemonicaOn a more serious note I do feel sorry for reducing my ex's

No, ya don't.

"I don't want the world.
I just want your half."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Duchess Demonica

No, ya don't.

LOVE the Orrin Hatch quote, BTW.  He has LONG been my favorite politician to hate.

Actually, you almost have to admire the man.  He may be an idiot, but he's a DRIVEN idiot.

Bella

No, ya don't.

LOVE the Orrin Hatch quote, BTW.  He has LONG been my favorite politician to hate.

Actually, you almost have to admire the man.  He may be an idiot, but he's a DRIVEN idiot.
Confession time.....around our family we call the man "Cousin Orrin".

He's a blood relative. Even his own family loves to hate him.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

No, ya don't.

You're related to Orrin "anything for a laugh" Hatch? :lol:

My condolences.  Is he really THAT tight-assed, or is that just the camera?  I've seen speed freaks that look more relaxed than he does.  When he gets preaching about flag burning and the PATRIOT Act, I reach for the popcorn.  The man is a stone-crazy MANIAC.

GREAT entertainment!

Demonica, Oracle of Doom

No, ya don't.

Thank you......................... It came to me in a vision   :twisted:

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

He's evil cousin Orrin.............fer sure fer sure.........

"I don't want the world.
I just want your half."