News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Heresy #4: Rejecting Malaclypse the Younger.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 01, 2004, 07:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echidnosaur

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerDepends if you take it at face value.

BTW:  Good podt, but you lost points for using the word "Grok".

Which way are you arguing?  Are you suggesting that the face value is free thinking, or that the face value is what I'm saying?  What I am claiming is that the face value is its suggestion to think freely, and that this is the meaning below that.

BTW:  I award myself twenty five points for having such pretty hair.  I believe that puts me at +17 total.
~fin~

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Echidnosaur
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerDepends if you take it at face value.

BTW:  Good podt, but you lost points for using the word "Grok".

Which way are you arguing?  Are you suggesting that the face value is free thinking, or that the face value is what I'm saying?  What I am claiming is that the face value is its suggestion to think freely, and that this is the meaning below that.

BTW:  I award myself twenty five points for having such pretty hair.  I believe that puts me at +17 total.

But you lose 100 points for that disgusting trick you always pull at parties.

That's right, folks...you can dress him up, but you can't take him anywhere...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Wishfarple

QuoteAnyway -- I read the Most Reverend Roger's initial rant, and agreed wholeheartedly with the first half (regarding the PD being crap). I was a bit perturbed by the second half (about Eris encouraging destruction and discord), but that is neither hither nor thither.

This is not directed at you, Echidnosaur.  I'm merely quoting you out of context to launch into a short, awkward rant.  You're welcome.

What's with all this sissy bullshit about having a problem with "destructive chaos", etc. . .?  What, just because something is unpleasant it's wrong?  The fact that we don't like something is reason enough to dismiss it out of hand?  

Things need to break down.  The universe doesn't seem to care overmuch whether that happens "naturally" (total BS, everything's natural) or if some idiot in a riced-out honda comes along and whacks it with a golf club.  In fact, last time I looked no-one consulted us beforehand about what SHOULD happen, and how things OUGHT to go.  

Order is imposed, order breaks down.  I don't see that in terms of "creative" and "destructive", since the act of creation looks a hell of a lot like taking a primordial mishmash and ordering it all up.  It can be beautifully ordered, or lightly ordered, or ordered with a side of fries, but it's all order, this creation.  I mean, unless someone has figured out a way to create new matter and just no-one told me about it.  

Chaos doesn't care what kind of value judgements we stick to its various forms.  And I suppose chaos doesn't care what I have to say RE: what it cares about, either.  Take it for what you will.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Llama Wishfart Rinpoche
QuoteAnyway -- I read the Most Reverend Roger's initial rant, and agreed wholeheartedly with the first half (regarding the PD being crap). I was a bit perturbed by the second half (about Eris encouraging destruction and discord), but that is neither hither nor thither.

This is not directed at you, Echidnosaur.  I'm merely quoting you out of context to launch into a short, awkward rant.  You're welcome.

What's with all this sissy bullshit about having a problem with "destructive chaos", etc. . .?  What, just because something is unpleasant it's wrong?  The fact that we don't like something is reason enough to dismiss it out of hand?  

Things need to break down.  The universe doesn't seem to care overmuch whether that happens "naturally" (total BS, everything's natural) or if some idiot in a riced-out honda comes along and whacks it with a golf club.  In fact, last time I looked no-one consulted us beforehand about what SHOULD happen, and how things OUGHT to go.  

Order is imposed, order breaks down.  I don't see that in terms of "creative" and "destructive", since the act of creation looks a hell of a lot like taking a primordial mishmash and ordering it all up.  It can be beautifully ordered, or lightly ordered, or ordered with a side of fries, but it's all order, this creation.  I mean, unless someone has figured out a way to create new matter and just no-one told me about it.  

Chaos doesn't care what kind of value judgements we stick to its various forms.  And I suppose chaos doesn't care what I have to say RE: what it cares about, either.  Take it for what you will.

Another idea:  Destructiv chaos is beneficial, when that which is the target is evil, sick, and wrong.

We Doktors(tm) know a hopeless case when we see one.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

sakredchao

consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: sakredchao*jumps up and down*
i want to break stuff!

Not as much as you're about to.

sakredchao

roger..  you are some sort of master that sees through human nature..  i'm reading and posting this after i read #5.

i'm going to be extra sure to cause chaos on my way across the country this next week.

if there ever were a reason for wanton destruction, that would be it.

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: sakredchaoroger..  you are some sort of master that sees through human nature..  i'm reading and posting this after i read #5.

i'm going to be extra sure to cause chaos on my way across the country this next week.

kim

You, too, can be a master.  It's really simple...Just assume the worst in people.

This will help you see through the bullshit.  Like liberals demanding PC speech, or conservatives peddling their supply-side snake oil.

Human nature?  Easy...we are jumped-up monkeys, with just enough intelligence to be dangerous.

archPope Rocket P Llama

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: sakredchaoroger..  you are some sort of master that sees through human nature..  i'm reading and posting this after i read #5.

kim

You, too, can be a master.  It's really simple...Just assume the worst in people.

This will help you see through the bullshit.  Like liberals demanding PC speech, or conservatives peddling their supply-side snake oil.

Human nature?  Easy...we are jumped-up monkeys, with just enough intelligence to be dangerous.

Sometimes we even have enough intelligence to be kind decent and civil. SOMETIMES.
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: archPope Rocket P Llama
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

kim

Sometimes we even have enough intelligence to be kind decent and civil. SOMETIMES.

Sometimes...and usually it's when we think we have to.

Horab Fibslager

reason and intelligence fly out the window under the wind of emotiona nad passion.

reality is often not reasonable, why should i be?
Hell is other people.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerYou simply aren't going to gain the favor of the goddess by playing "three word game".  She'd rather see you shoving chewing gum in the coin slots of the subway entrance stiles, or simply playing "let's you and him fight".
I like the idea of using "Games People Play " as a handbook for discordian activities.

transactional analysis for fun and profit.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Horab Fibslager

bump.

the fun starts page 2 or 3. umm goo didea to read teh inital article too. a godo one, even if you don't necessairly agree with it.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Bringing up the oldies, huh?

Seems like you people want to relive the days of the horrid Jihad of 2004.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Cain

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCBringing up the oldies, huh?

Seems like you people want to relive the days of the horrid Jihad of 2004.

I am already jihading against myself, for my past crimes.  I may have to sit this one out.