News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Rev Roger Heresy #4: Rejecting Malaclypse the Younger.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 01, 2004, 07:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CNN::writing everything down::

Make sure you get my name right.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Colonel Failure
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Colonel FailureNobody's really happy about this dispute. (Except maybe Rog.)

Did I call that? Huh? You strife-lover...

Dang.  Gotta work on my poker face.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Prince Tao Jones

Quote from: TaoWell I obviously feel this is a principia forum, so if your discourse and the way you live your life in in direct opposition to the forum's topic, then why the hell are you here for one? Two you're going to clash with those that are here to discuss the principia.
Quote from: Tao

Quote from: Colonel FailureAnd I feel it's a Discordian forum. Sure, the name is www.principiadiscordia.com, but I wouldn't suggest that this limits the topic of discussion only to the principia. There's a forum for that (Principia discussion), and a forum for silliness (Apple Talk), etc... Of course, being Discordians, we're inclined to blur the lines between them (Where's the fun in staying within the lines, anyway?). And since when is clashing a bad or even undesirable thing? You and I have been clashing, and it's been the highlight of my brief tenure here.

For about the 100th time, I'm not saying that the forum should be limited to the topic of discussion only to the principia. I'm saying that if most of the people here misunderstand it, or directly contratdict it, than the forum's been invaded by and anerisian virus, and is not fun for us to read, not fun for us to get criticized for our ideas by a bunch of folks that don't really have any ideas of their own.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=73803&highlight=#73803

If you like it, sit here and type away. We just feel like a bunch of morons spouting pointsless flock to while away the hours, days, years of our lives, we have better things to do.

Quote from: Colonel FailureAnd I'm all for the international jakery. Just my drug-addled mind can't think of anything cool for that...

Good talking to you, eventhough you seemed more to try and want me to enjoy the same things you do. I don't, sorry.

Destructive disorder and unenlightened interrelations is not what I'm looking for in my leisure time, have enough of it in my real life.

EVT and I don't wind up on our death beds looking back at a life of pot smoking, video games, and every couple hours addressing some pointless nonsense on the computer and feeling like "holy shit" I could have had a lot more fun and made people think.

Hope that for everyone, but I think most prefer that type of life here.

I'm sure as we have in the past month, check in every couple weeks, but if we same the same ol same ol, we'll just move on.

Those of you that want to say hi can pm us.

(only speaking for EVT because she doesn't have internet access, and am on the phone with her)
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"It is by acts and not ideas that people live" - Anatole France

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Abolish the Atlantic in 2004

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: prince tao jonessaying that if most of the people here misunderstand it, or directly contratdict it, than the forum's been invaded by and anerisian virus, and is not fun for us to read, not fun for us to get criticized for our ideas by a bunch of folks that don't really have any ideas of their own.

who are us?
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prince Tao Jones[Destructive disorder and unenlightened interrelations is not what I'm looking for in my leisure time, have enough of it in my real life.

EVT and I don't wind up on our death beds looking back at a life of pot smoking, video games, and every couple hours addressing some pointless nonsense on the computer and feeling like "holy shit" I could have had a lot more fun and made people think.

Hope that for everyone, but I think most prefer that type of life here.

I'm sure as we have in the past month, check in every couple weeks, but if we same the same ol same ol, we'll just move on.

Those of you that want to say hi can pm us.

(only speaking for EVT because she doesn't have internet access, and am on the phone with her)

And the Heathens were vanquished...

Efrim

hurrah for the rouge discordians! The day is ours!

*throws moltov in a purely celebratory way*
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

Bella

::throws another in salute to the Grand Inquisitor of the Rouge Discordians::

Always wanted to be a rouge discordian. :lol:

My sister is now telling everyone that she's a "rouge discordian gone bad".
They tried to lock her up for it yesterday......good thing she found a couple of unlit molotovs left over from the jihad!
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Colonel Failure

Quote from: TaoGood talking to you, eventhough you seemed more to try and want me to enjoy the same things you do. I don't, sorry.

Good Talking to you, too... and I don't want you to do anything... except maybe what you want to... And if that's going someplace else... so be it.

Carry on.

8)
All I knew, all I believed
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Scramble to reach higher ground,
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

I take what is mine, and hold what is mine,
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine.
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,
And climb to a new place now.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
In the lies, the lies, the lies that shape your world?
Do you believe
In your own, your own, fictitious immortality?

The world won't end while you walk the earth
And when you realize that your life don't matter
You'll turn to something to help you forget
That you're only young once, old forever

And we become what we hate
(Don't think of us)

-Screeching Weasel, What We Hate[/size][/color]

Rev Thwack

You know... I just read this whole damn thing, and I don't think I have seen anything here before that has made me this upset or depressed.

I'm not upset by the fact that Rev. Roger called the PD a piece of trash - although I do think there are some rather good uses for it like ransom notes and liner for a bird cage.

I'm not upset byTao attacking the "false discordians" - after all, it's not like I care what he thinks of me or my beliefs.

I am upset that people got so worked up about this - come on.... since when did this group loose it's ability to roll and laugh at any puch thrown at it?

Anyone who's spent time reading and/or trying to make sense of my posts knows that I'm not one to sit around and tell people how to be discordian, nor am I one to go around talking about my beliefs or trying to get others to accept them.

With that being said, I will admit that there is one thing every person should do.... think for your own fucking self!

I don't give a shit if you are a principia beating "true" discordian, a bad discordian renegade, or a fucking eight foot blue french poodle.... just use that fucking sack of chemical reactions you have locked up in that damn skull of yours and make your own opinions and ideas, no matter how retarded they may be.

[Begin Targeted Attacks]

Tao Jones - What the fuck is wrong with you man? Here you are, acting like the "one true defender" to a religion from a book that tells you not to believe what you read... hell, even the fucking book tells you to think for yourself... and you fucking admitted it. So fuck what if Roger doesn't agree with you.... your own book tells you that you don't have to agree with others... and the whole pile of shit comment you made about people leaving, this forum being for the PD version of discordianism, and you wanting to use this place as a sort of meeting ground for "true" discordians.... hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that book of yours say that discordians must stick apart? Isn't it supposed to be a disorganized religion? You know, at times I considered you amusing, but I usualy just thought of you as a televangelist who got lost.

Rev. Roger - Let's see.... Discord doesn't mean wanton destruction... don't know what dictionary you are using, but the damn thing is broken, time to get another. The PD (while it may be gibberish) doesn't tell people to act like a bunch of burnt-out acid heads.... the damn thing does an amazing job at conflicting with itself, but does keep a pretty constant stance on using higher mental facilites. I know you started this thread with some motive in mind... don't think you do anything around here without some deeper motive, and while I do respect that, you need to keep in mind the effect that you are going to have. You know that there are a few people around here that have fallen into the PD completly, and some of them tend to get way too sensative to people attacking their beliefs... not that I mind you attacking their beliefs, but why in the fuck are you trying to piss them off... you know that it will start bullshit like this and that I am going to come back in here and read this shit, and get completly fed up with a whole bunch of shit.... is this payback for not posting more pancake stories, because if it is....

Demonica, Bella, Efrim- What the fuck is this "I want to be a bad discordian, like all the other bad discordians who subscribe to Rev. Rogers philosophy and believe in the destruction of all order" order bullshit? I like you and respect you all as people, but seriously, are you even thinking? It's like you are back in high-school trying to be part of the cool goth/jock/prep/hippie/whatever crowd again. Your posts in here say that you think and believe the same way Roger does, but I can't fucking believe that you have the exact same philosophies and beliefs...

Guido - Well, at least you know what you are, but just because you know that you are trying to fit into the crowd doesn't make it right.

Colonel - Ok, yea.... let me get this sorted out..... you seem to be trying to spread this "let's all get along and be lovey dovey." Hmm.... creative chaos vs. destructive chaos... funny thing is, both of them seem to have chaos in the name... and this tree-hugging hippie love one another bullshit has absofuckinglutely nothing to do with chaos..... how can you support either side (or even both sides) without realizing that chaos is the name of the fucking game here. We shouldn't all get along... that kind of bullshit leads to the same damn stagnation and order that's found in the rest of the world's religions... leave it to them.

Gnimbley - How dare you step out of character and be serious.... you should be tied to a tree naked while a fat hungarian woman named Helga whips you.

[End Targeted Attacks]

I didn't come to this forum because I am a PD beating discordian fundie, and I didn't come here to troll it and destroy the system of the system destroyers... hell, I didn't even come here due to calling myself a discordian... I came here becuase I expected to find people with free minds who are not afraid to think for themselvs instead of looking for a fucking leader that they can rally behind and follow in some sort of sheep mentality. It's the same damn mindset that the fucking christians get into... blindly believing and accepting beliefs because they are told to by their spiritual leader. I know and admit that base human instinct is to look for someone to lead you so that you don't have to make the hard choices yourself and so that you have something else to pin the blame/responsability on, but I was not thinking that I would ever run into that here. This isn't supposed to be that place.. this is supposed to be where people say "rules, fuck em"... where people don't care what others think of their ideology, and don't care about others.... the place where the only reason people can even wear the same title is because it's a title for those with wide and varied beliefs that don't fit into the scheme belonging to any other title. Do I worry about being called a discordian? Fuck no... Hell, I'd be just as happy calling myself a no-dick fuckwad as I am calling myself a discordian.

Please people, stop acting like it's such a big step to have beliefs and values that belong to you and are not those handed down to you by a larger group.

P.S. - If I mis-interpeted your stance, then I didn't mean to. If I offended you, then good... maby you needed it.
My balls itch...

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Rev Thwack

hopefully the way it was intended... me expressing my disbelief at the behavior of some people over this one incident. seems like a few people acted completly contrary to everything I ever knew about them.
My balls itch...

Dragen

QuoteGnimbley - How dare you step out of character and be serious.... you should be tied to a tree naked while a fat hungarian woman named Helga whips you.

why does he always get the good stuff  :lol:

Bella

I can't even begin to cope with this right now.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

SMFabal

Well, I've read, I've waited, and I've thought, and here's my 2c:

I'm not sure how many of you were around when Horab first showed up and the first Mods were given power. I got cocky. I was just a wee bit power drunk. And I turned into more of an asshole than usual. And Horab walking in and called me on it. I didn't like his attitude when he showed up. But, I've since learned (without his spelling it out for me, which he did) that it was intentional. And I let my annotance with him leak over onto other guest posters.

now I ask you, was he right? was I?

Now, as far as Jakery and Mindfucks - not my thing. I'll point out falws I see in any plans presented, but the likleyhood of me carrying any of them out is paper-thin. Why? Because I prefer to just talk to people and tell them the truth. If they can think about it, they will. If they can't, they're not worth my time.

As far as the board being a mass of sillyness and fluff: It was when I first showed up. It will be as long as it stands. Every attempt made to make it otherwise failed from lack of interest. The DIA forum was one such attempt. We ended up with about 2 posts per month. It seems that silliness and fluff is what most of the people here want most of the time.

It's easier to hear a kind lie than an unkind truth.

If you want serious discussion, make serious discussion. It may be spread out over ten times the space with fluff in between, but it will be there. And at least our fluff is more entertaining than five pages of "I agree" and "Me, too"
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Eris is a goddess of strife, violence, and confusion.
This thread is sheer genius.

... and I do agree with Roger, the PD is trash. Its not bad for a light read over the toilet, though.

Quote from: The Good Reverend FUCKWe are the proxies of entropy, not a fucking coffee house poetry club.

This is my favorite line from the whole thing. Thats music to my ears.

Quote from: Prince Tao UnicronIf you believe in the negative Eris as being a positve and destructive chaos as a positve, then I will challenge it and hope those who just come here for some pseudo social acceptance's little brain nuerons may start firing in the right side of their brains.

For a taoist, you are out of balance here. Positive and negative simply are, and neither one of them posesses any special merit over the other.

But then again, I've always tried to be the very representation of Aneristic thought here on this board, and I'm sure that Tao Jones would hate me for it (If i cared enough to do a good job of it, anyway). Whereas I think he's missing the Tao of the Chao. Its always been my impression that the blatant contradictions in the Principia are intentionial, and whereas the surface layer of the book leads to the pious (and wacky) discordian, there is that subtle hint that empowers the true anerisian. Whats more discordian than  being anti-discordian? The blatant contradictions are there to convey a simple point, think for yourself.

Anyway, on the flipside of that there is the lighthearted aspect to discordianism too. I cant deny.