News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Sigil thread

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, June 17, 2009, 04:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

QuoteYeah, but thanks for letting me know you fuck with that sigil bullshit.  I'll be sure to take that into account in future conversations.

Meh. It's not that big a deal. All that sigils do is put a message into your subconscious. It's like using a subliminal message on yourself.
Insanity we trust.

LMNO

That's called "Self-Hypnosis", isn't it?

Also, if I understand the Pagospags, a "charged" sigil should work even if you don't know what it is.  From what I'm getting from you, you're using it as a way of tricking your Thinker/Prover mechanism.

The Wizard

That sounds about right.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:43:58 PM
QuoteYeah, but thanks for letting me know you fuck with that sigil bullshit.  I'll be sure to take that into account in future conversations.

Meh. It's not that big a deal. All that sigils do is put a message into your subconscious. It's like using a subliminal message on yourself.

All Sigils do is waste paper/memory/meatspace.  It's garbage, no different than tarot cards or that "casting a circle" shit the fucking Pagans do.

PROTIP:  Subliminals don't work.  Neither do Sigils.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard

QuotePROTIP:  Subliminals don't work.  Neither do Sigils.

Mine worked.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 10, 2009, 08:45:47 PM
That's called "Self-Hypnosis", isn't it?

Also, if I understand the Pagospags, a "charged" sigil should work even if you don't know what it is.  From what I'm getting from you, you're using it as a way of tricking your Thinker/Prover mechanism.

I JUST MADE A SIGIL, AND IT'S TELLING ME SOMETHING...

AH, YES:  "NO MATTER HOW THIN YOU SLICE IT, IT'S STILL BALONEY."

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:47:25 PM
QuotePROTIP:  Subliminals don't work.  Neither do Sigils.

Mine worked.

Then allow me to suggest that you not watch too much late night TV programming.  Those commercials will fuck your shit up.  You'll be up to your arse in Pocket Fishermen™.

The Wizard

I'm not trying to convince you they work, man. You believe whatever you want. I know mine worked, and that's just about it.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:49:56 PM
I'm not trying to convince you they work, man. You believe whatever you want. I know mine worked, and that's just about it.

You convinced yourself they worked for you.

Personally, I'm GLAD they don't work.  My subconscious already has too much shit in it, and most of it is shit that is better off left alone.  Shove more crap in, you never know what the fuck will pop out.

The Wizard

Fair enough. I'm young yet, so I've got a while before I need to worry about what the fuck coming out of my head.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:53:59 PM
Fair enough. I'm young yet, so I've got a while before I need to worry about what the fuck coming out of my head.

Yeah, well, us old-timers are all traumatized by post-35 sex.  It's fucking disgusting, and it makes us all crazy as fuck.  But we keep doing it, because it gives us something to do until we die.

The Wizard

Wow. :horrormirth: That made me shudder.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:57:14 PM
Wow. :horrormirth: That made me shudder.

It's worse than it sounds.  Imagine two asthmatic and particularly hairy bears having a wrestling contest, with both of them making weird noises out of orifices that shouldn't make noise at all, while everything gets all sloppy and gross, and bits that shouldn't move flop all over the place.  Fact is, it should be illegal for anyone over the age of 40 to have sex unless they do it in a sound-proof room and have proof of purchase of at least 3 canvass tarps and 200 feet of saran wrap.  Plus, by this point, we all have some horrible disease or parasitic infestation, so you have these huge fucking syphilis worms the size of fucking PYTHONS crawling out of your ass, eating through the condom, and smashing your partner's chromosomes flat. 

Your parents do this, mind you.  Oh, yes.

How's your head now?  This sigil thing working?

The Wizard

Slightly disturbing, but I've had worse. Bring it.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 09:05:29 PM
Slightly disturbing, but I've had worse. Bring it.

I don't have to.  Age will do that all by itself.   :)