News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

President Obama sings the Greatest Hits of the GWB administration.

Started by AFK, June 17, 2009, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

The first single being blocking access to the White House Visitor's Logs:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31373407/

I'm waiting for Dick Morris or Sean Hannity to pick up on this and assume that Obama is hiding a White House picnic with Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, and ACORN. 

But really Obama, are you really going to continue W's failures? 

This transparancy thing you talked about, when do we get to see that? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 17, 2009, 01:35:38 PM
The first single being blocking access to the White House Visitor's Logs:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31373407/

I'm waiting for Dick Morris or Sean Hannity to pick up on this and assume that Obama is hiding a White House picnic with Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, and ACORN. 

But really Obama, are you really going to continue W's failures? 

This transparancy thing you talked about, when do we get to see that? 

Uh, right now... Obama's claims are now transparent as election rhetoric.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

MMIX

Trans is a Latin noun or prefix, meaning "across", "beyond" or "on the opposite side
Mimi Parent (1924–2005), a Canadian surrealist artist

Therefore it wouldn't beall that much of a stretch to conclude that Obama's new shiny "transparent" means beyond surreal . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Sir Squid Diddimus

Maybe he's not giving out a list of these people fro their safety and sanity.

If I visited and has a chat with him I wouldn't want the world knowing cause then there'd be media all over asking this and that and possibly even death threats

Cause this country is full of noseys and CRAZIES.

Template

Quote from: Squid on June 17, 2009, 05:01:52 PM

If I visited and has a chat with him I wouldn't want the world knowing cause then there'd be media all over asking this and that and possibly even death threats

Everything is about "safety" or "security".  What are you talking about?

Faust

It could also be that the policy wasn't dropped since bush and he hasn't addressed it yet but thats unlikely.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Jenne

The doublespeak at the end of the article is telling.  This whole administration makes me: :|

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Jenne on June 17, 2009, 05:59:11 PM
The doublespeak at the end of the article is telling.  This whole administration makes me: :|

And they called John, McSame
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Epimetheus

Quote from: MMIX on June 17, 2009, 03:49:30 PM
Trans is a Latin noun or prefix, meaning "across", "beyond" or "on the opposite side
Mimi Parent (1924–2005), a Canadian surrealist artist

Therefore it wouldn't beall that much of a stretch to conclude that Obama's new shiny "transparent" means beyond surreal . . .

Considering the word actually derives from trans- and pareo, meaning to be seen, it could literally mean "beyond being seen".
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: yhnmzw on June 17, 2009, 05:29:54 PM

The hell do you mean what am I talking about.
Re-read what I wrote. Your answer is right there. (also didn't say security, i said sanity)

Elder Iptuous

This isn't the first single in the album, and definitely not the last....
i'm amused at peoples surprise... :roll:

Template

Quote from: Squid on June 17, 2009, 06:57:13 PM
Quote from: yhnmzw on June 17, 2009, 05:29:54 PM

The hell do you mean what am I talking about.
Re-read what I wrote. Your answer is right there. (also didn't say security, i said sanity)

Sorry, I seem to have had a bit of "the Jackass" at time of that post.  I was thinking that legitimate security concerns are lost in a crowd of sooper-sekrits on the basis of "national security".

The nosy will find out anyways, especially if it's not worth knowing.

The crazy will make shit up, available data or no.

fomenter

Quote from: Iptuous on June 17, 2009, 09:04:58 PM
This isn't the first single in the album, and definitely not the last....
i'm amused at peoples surprise... :roll:

for those who have not developed a deep and all inclusive cynicism about politics, the words hope and change stood for hope and change, to those that have developed their cynicism and those who and soon will, the words hope and change were empty and meaningless slogans no different than any other crap spouted by a politician during an election..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Arafelis

I still think we're doing better than we would have under McCain.

I am fairly sure some of Obama's decisions have been based on his attempts to reconcile both parties.

Why he's bothering to do that is beyond me, since he's IN FUCKING CONTROL for two years, but I assume it is related to his own acknowledgement of his lack of experience.

Far more than continuing some misguided security policies from the Bush days and being lenient with military interrogators, I'm worried that he'll end up adopting a weak centrist stance for his entire presidency, and be re-elected for it.  I can't imagine myself voting against him in the next election (as bad as a weak president is, any Republican I can think of would be worse).

I sometimes wonder if some of his decisions are based on the idea that he will not survive his term.
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Template

Quote from: Arafelis on June 17, 2009, 11:13:06 PM
(as bad as a weak president is, any real Republican I can think of would be worse).

We do have two years.  I mean, they probably want someone with a history, and those can't be manufactured, but...