News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

President Obama sings the Greatest Hits of the GWB administration.

Started by AFK, June 17, 2009, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I'm going with Squid on this. Who gives a fuck who visits the White House? I personally don't, but those who do either A: Have too much time on their hands, B: Are with the media, which causes enough problems, C: Crazies who may just want to hurt people, terrorists, neocons, and idiots alike, and D: Cain.

I think we all have a bit more to worry about in our lives than things like visitor records at the White House being kept private.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on June 17, 2009, 05:01:52 PM
Maybe he's not giving out a list of these people fro their safety and sanity.

If I visited and has a chat with him I wouldn't want the world knowing cause then there'd be media all over asking this and that and possibly even death threats

Cause this country is full of noseys and CRAZIES.

We're here to make you safe.

We're the Network.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 18, 2009, 02:34:42 AM

If I visited and has a chat with him I wouldn't want the world knowing cause then there'd be media all over asking this and that and possibly even death threats

We're the Network.

WHARS MAH TINFOLE HAT??!!! :D

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 18, 2009, 02:34:42 AM

We're the Network.

:lulz:  nice

Cain

Quote from: Suu on June 18, 2009, 02:01:53 AM
I'm going with Squid on this. Who gives a fuck who visits the White House? I personally don't, but those who do either A: Have too much time on their hands, B: Are with the media, which causes enough problems, C: Crazies who may just want to hurt people, terrorists, neocons, and idiots alike, and D: Cain.

I think we all have a bit more to worry about in our lives than things like visitor records at the White House being kept private.

:|

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

When Cheney was getting 'assistance' with our Energy Policy, it would have been nice to see all those Oil Sharks paying visits to the White House. I don't care who makes social calls, but I do care who's influencing policies.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

I'm with Cain on this.  You don't go the the White House to play cribbage and talk about the grandkids.  You go there with BUSINESS and an AGENDA that you want to see get put in place.  Whoever's going in there is there for a reason that most likely will affect policy, which will most likely affect YOU.

Cain

Actually, the face was at being included in such..."illustrious" company.

However, I would have made that point too, if I hadn't been annoyed at the former.

LMNO

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Arafelis on June 17, 2009, 11:13:06 PM
I still think we're doing better than we would have under McCain.

I am fairly sure some of Obama's decisions have been based on his attempts to reconcile both parties.

Why he's bothering to do that is beyond me, since he's IN FUCKING CONTROL for two years, but I assume it is related to his own acknowledgement of his lack of experience.

Far more than continuing some misguided security policies from the Bush days and being lenient with military interrogators, I'm worried that he'll end up adopting a weak centrist stance for his entire presidency, and be re-elected for it.  I can't imagine myself voting against him in the next election (as bad as a weak president is, any Republican I can think of would be worse).

I sometimes wonder if some of his decisions are based on the idea that he will not survive his term.

Jenne

I care, and I think the article points out something that few of us know about or even tend to worry about:  who is spending time at the WH bending the president's ear, and how much influence does that bending have?  The answer to that second question comes out in the policies endorsed by the WH.

So, what irks me is the constant 2 steps forward, one step back that the Obama administration has been doing over the last few months. 

"Oh, we're AGAINST that Bush policy!"

"Oh, wait, we meant THIS Bush policy!"

"Well, not that policy EXACTLY, but we'll look into it."

"We're still looking into it--we just want to be SURE, you know...be safe."

Bleh.  So much doublespeak is nauseating.  Fucking be clear like you ran on, bitches.  You ran on transparency.  You ran on visibility.  You ran on telling us like it is and holding everyone to that line.

And then you turned around and 1) fleeced the taxpayers to further the Bush agenda 2) refused to publish the pix from that awful Abu Grahib incident 3) keeping the illegal wire-tapping and 4) basically fubaring any real move towards those so-called transparency moves you talked so high and mighty about about oh 9 mos ago.

Buncha fucking disappointments, the lot of them.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Template

Quote from: Arafelis on June 17, 2009, 11:13:06 PM
I sometimes wonder if some of his decisions are based on the idea that he will not survive his term.

I did not notice this bit the first time around.

That's a hell of a thing to say.

Suu

Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2009, 05:32:55 PM

I said it in jest, dude.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain