News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

<-<Link to a great fucking song>->

Started by Bu🤠ns, June 20, 2009, 07:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Triple Zero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNYZZFZ__VQ

First track of the new album by Nynke Laverman, her previous album she did Fado's ... in Frysian. Which was interesting, but you have to like that sort of thing (Fado's are traditionally Portuguese lamenting songs).

This album and track is more crazy, insane, scary. Still sung in Frysian, but she got her inspiration from traditional songs by some nomadic tribe somewhere (yeeah..), anyway, album's really cool and the artwork seems inspired by Dali (the elephants with the really long stick legs), and it's all a bit reminiscent of "Strange Times", to me.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bu🤠ns

Thanks for posting, Trip! That was different, but i liked her.  I don't think I've ever heard Rs rolled like that.

5D (Fifth Dimension) - The Byrds

I heard this song today and thought, "Damn, thats a great fucking song!"

Bu🤠ns

Idem

Bu🤠ns

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Arafelis

I'm enjoying the great rock, but I thought I'd try sharing something a little different.

SoCalled - You Are Never Alone

SoCalled does klezmer hip-hop (yes, he's a Jewish rapper).  However, he doesn't actually sing in this song, and it's more hip-hop than klezmer.  The artists singing are C-Rayz Walz, Doris Glaspie and Katie Moore.  It's a pretty unusual piece, but it feels very strong to me.  The first time I saw this video, I had ordered the album before it was done playing.

While I like the song by itself, the video is definitely worth watching.
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Bu🤠ns

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Arafelis on June 26, 2009, 06:59:54 AM
I'm enjoying the great rock, but I thought I'd try sharing something a little different.

SoCalled - You Are Never Alone

SoCalled does klezmer hip-hop (yes, he's a Jewish rapper).  However, he doesn't actually sing in this song, and it's more hip-hop than klezmer.  The artists singing are C-Rayz Walz, Doris Glaspie and Katie Moore.  It's a pretty unusual piece, but it feels very strong to me.  The first time I saw this video, I had ordered the album before it was done playing.

While I like the song by itself, the video is definitely worth watching.

Wow, that video is crazy...the tune is really good too. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tS4OWiozmw ) i'm not that big into rap, but there really is something great going on in there.

Arafelis

Hahahaha!  I hadn't realized I forgot the link until I saw your post.  I feel kind of dumb now.

Thanks, B_R|S.
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

rubickspoop

sick 000; what a great introduction to Nynke Laverman.
Arafelis, loved the video, decent song. I like his klezmer jams a lot more.
fomenter, the double bass in that was ridiculous. That Baker fellow must have thunder thighs. I love the expression on his face, too.

Here's another great fucking song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mta3-sGMi5Q

music doesn't start until :47
I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here!

Xooxe

Trip, that was right up my street.

Gabriela Kulka - Królestwo i Pół

It took me quite a while to get into this track since the chugging, synthetic, bowed strings at the beginning felt as silly as they were catchy, but when I finally absorbed the whole song I went mad over it. It's a shame I can't speak Polish, but if her songs with English lyrics are anything to go by, it's probably highly imaginative and well thought-out.

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009