News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

ITT: Goons give us feedback

Started by Cain, June 22, 2009, 08:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Pffft, that's like saying 23 or 5 is getting a lot of play these days...

:fnord:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

I see that there are more pages which I can't access, not being a member. Can somebody x-post interesting stuff from pages 2+?

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on June 24, 2009, 07:10:57 PM
I see that there are more pages which I can't access, not being a member. Can somebody x-post interesting stuff from pages 2+?

There ain't no page two.  It shouldn't appear as if there is one.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

oh whoops... I was looking at the "Rate This Thread" bar at the bottom.  :oops:

the last yatto

Quote from: Nigel on June 24, 2009, 06:15:21 PM
Discordianism is getting a lot of play lately, and it kind of disturbs me.

turn on the news and watch in :horrormirth: as they keep saying chaos this or chaos that
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Nigel on June 24, 2009, 06:15:21 PM
Discordianism is getting a lot of play lately, and it kind of disturbs me.
ZOMG. Law of Fives!!!   :fnord:

Quote from: Cramulus on June 24, 2009, 07:34:26 PM
oh whoops... I was looking at the "Rate This Thread" bar at the bottom.  :oops:

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: LMNO on June 23, 2009, 01:08:03 PM
It's funny, but I don't quite agree.  Naturally.

Since we began the Chao Te Ching project, I've had to re-examine what Lao Tzu was saying a lot more closely; and while some of it fits, it does so in the way just about every other introspective philosophy/religion fits into Discordia: Half way.  You just can't make a one-to-one comparison between Eris and Tao by swapping "Chaos" for "The Way" and "Order/Disorder" for "Yin/Yang".  Trust me, it was one of the first things I tried.

But, because it's funny, "Taoism in a clown costume" will most likely stick and continue giving people the wrong impression.

"Chaos understood" is neither.
Ya' stupid Yank.

helopticor

Cain, you did all of that copying and pasting and you actually got my name right. I can never understand why so few people can spell a simple word like heliopticor.

Cain

:thanks:

I'm not sure why, either.  Must be either a broken left mouse button, or laziness.  Or both.

fomenter

Quote from: Risus on June 25, 2009, 08:37:56 PM

:spittake:

and

Quote from: Philly Fillet on June 25, 2009, 11:21:46 AM

"Chaos understood" is neither.

SUBMIT AS MEME in one sentence meme bombs if not done already
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp