ITT: The Case Against Jenny McCarthy As A Scientist

Started by hooplala, June 22, 2009, 08:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

using indigo logic
memory problems = useless knowledge filter
:?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Dysnomia

Quote from: yαtto on June 23, 2009, 06:17:53 AM
using indigo logic
memory problems = useless knowledge filter
:?

that must be why I forget everything...quick, I should throw away my smartphone to rid myself of all the useless knowledge I'm trying to force myself to remember!
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

LMNO

Quote from: http://www.starchild.co.za/what.htmlIn my book "The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children", I wrote that ADHD should stand for Attention Dialed into a Higher Dimension. This would more accurately describe that generation. In the same vein, Crystal Children don't warrant a label of autism. They aren't autistic! They're AWE-tistic!

:crankey:

Golden Applesauce

AWE-tistic is definitely the best disorder on the Autism Spectrum.  The DSM-V should include a caveat that if the child can demonstrate magical or psychic abilities, the autism diagnosis can be waived.

I've been doing a fair bit of reading about Indigos/Crystals, and I think part of what makes the idea so appealing is that a lot of the advice given to parents is actually sound - "Treat your children with respect," "Don't use guilt, fear, or hate as a controlling tool," "Make time to play with your kids," and then once you start thinking that the authors might be reasonably intelligent after all, they throw stuff like pyschic training games to play with your child.  Then again, some of the good advice is for the wrong reason - "Don't lie to your crystal child / indigo, not because lying is wrong and leads to a breakdown of trust, but because they have PSYCHIC POWERZ and can smell it when you lie."
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

the last yatto

i was going to tell my offspring i was buddha but this sounds much more entertaining
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Quote from: LMNO on June 23, 2009, 01:27:33 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 23, 2009, 05:36:33 AM
Quote from: fomenter on June 23, 2009, 05:35:15 AM
i just learned from the new age web site that dolphins talk in sound pictures ...  i say if they didn't want me to eat them they should have learned English

Apparently, there's no "sound picture" word for "tuna net".

INDIGO DOLPHINS.
:lulz:

Bruno

I think there has to be a balance between telling these kids either:

A.) There's something wrong with you, but don't worry, we'll make you better.

and

B.) You're an extra-special being with supernatural powers.

The Mr. Rodgers "You're special, just like everybody else." technique seems like the best option to me.

The growing popularity of option B is most likely an over-reaction against the more prevalent option A that the government / Educational Industrial Complex has been running with since basically forever.
Formerly something else...

Template

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on June 23, 2009, 10:11:24 PM
I think there has to be a balance between telling these kids either:

A.) There's something wrong with you, but don't worry, we'll make you better.

and

B.) You're an extra-special being with supernatural powers.

The Mr. Rodgers "You're special, just like everybody else." technique seems like the best option to me.

The growing popularity of option B is most likely an over-reaction against the more prevalent option A that the government / Educational Industrial Complex has been running with since basically forever.

"A" is the all-purpose, one-size-fits-all, nonconformity solution.  Or killing, when PR's really on its game.

Bruno

I'm in UR childrunz,
givin them Sooper Powurz!
             \
Formerly something else...

Adios

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 23, 2009, 05:30:49 AM
Quote from: fomenter on June 23, 2009, 05:27:54 AM
was in Sedona AZ during the harmonic convergence at the height of the new age and survived..  I'm a veteran, i have been to the new age equivalent of the Nam

Yeah, well, I was in Casa Grande when the Grand Conjunction happened.  I was lucky to get out alive.  I was only saved by being possessed by Poops-Like-A-Buffalo, a spirit who now guides all the advice I sell dispense to suckers seekers of Truth.

heeheehee
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 23, 2009, 01:22:19 PM
Quote from: http://www.starchild.co.za/what.htmlIn my book "The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children", I wrote that ADHD should stand for Attention Dialed into a Higher Dimension. This would more accurately describe that generation. In the same vein, Crystal Children don't warrant a label of autism. They aren't autistic! They're AWE-tistic!

:crankey:

The Good Reverend Roger

This is exactly the sort of thing that keeps me coming back.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 16, 2011, 09:36:37 PM

Phox needs this to be an emote. It is the only thing  that has come close to expressing an accurate facsimile of her level of abject rage when confronted with such idiocy as the post that prompted it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 16, 2011, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on March 16, 2011, 09:36:37 PM

Phox needs this to be an emote. It is the only thing  that has come close to expressing an accurate facsimile of her level of abject rage when confronted with such idiocy as the post that prompted it.

I'll resize it tonight.  :lol:

Right after I finish LMNO's shit and drop it in a mailer, along with something interesting.