CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

ITT: The Case Against Jenny McCarthy As A Scientist

Started by hooplala, June 22, 2009, 08:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on March 18, 2011, 02:27:36 AM
Jenny McCarthy's a cunt.

Fuck you, Jenny.  You're causing way too much fucking disease in the kids that go to schools like my neighborhoods.  Go make your money and peddle your shit more safely and less on the backs of little kids whose parents are too stupid to breathe.

Fuck you, asswipe.

Dear Shatter:  Like that.  Up there.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Is a giraffe on a head of a dude, Rog.

Alphapance, glad I can assist.  :D

Man, I was juiced up last night.  I'd be embarrassed, but fuckit.

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on March 18, 2011, 05:08:25 PM
Is a giraffe on a head of a dude, Rog.

Alphapance, glad I can assist.  :D

Man, I was juiced up last night.  I'd be embarrassed, but fuckit.

Was the night for it.

I'm still trying to figure out how I was walking straight by the end of the night.  I had no right to be vertical, much less self-propelled and capable of dealing with stairs without danger and carrying on a rational conversation.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

I get a reprisal this weekend if I choose.  To tell you the tr00f, I kinda did myself in last night so I *wouldn't* go all apeyshit this weekend.  Sigh.

/threadjack

Mangrove

Interesting new development:

Just started working with a new client and she works with 'kids with autism'.

(So, I just had to ask because I've witnessed about three examples of 'autistic' kids at work and only one of them I actually believe.)

Mang: Soo....gotta ask. Just what is 'autism'.
Client: Well...[lol]....they don't really know.
Mang: Do you have clients who you truly believe in your heart of hearts has 'it'?
Client: Yes..absolutely. But there's plenty of....uh...
Mang: Misdiagnosis?
Client: Yes. We've got one 17 year old who is allegedly 'autistic' because he doesn't like cleaning his room and won't listen to his mother.
Mang: What are the typical signs?
Client: Deeply withdrawn, periodic outbursts, often there's elements of OCD, unable to read emotional/social cues etc.
Mang: And Aspergers? I keep hearing about 'high functioning'. In fact, they're so high-functioning that they're not actually sick.
Client: There's a call for the terms 'high & low' functioning to be removed from the diagnosis because it doesn't help at all. Low functioning means not being able to take care of your self at all.
Mang: How do I recognize it?
Client: Sheldon on 'Big Bang Theory' or 'House' would probably be Asperger's cases.

We talked some more about this and then she told me the HORRIBLE TROOF.

Sometimes, the diagnosis of 'Autism' or 'Aspergers' is not coming from Doctors but from Social Workers.

Sleep tight!
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Jenne

Yeah, docs have it more refined these days, and the spectrum's just really wide at the moment.  That's not to say that those in the broader parts of the spectrum might not get categorized as something else later on, down the road.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Mangrove on March 22, 2011, 09:07:32 PM

It seems to be genetic. Which probably explains why so many parents are unwilling to accept the diagnosis

QuoteAutism has been documented to be caused by genetic defects and/or inflammation of the brain. The inflammation could be
caused by a wide variety of environmental toxicants, infections, and co-morbidities in individuals genetically prone to the developmental disorder.
FULL PDF available to me if you want to PM me
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/1547691X.2010.545086

QuoteTwo previous epidemiological studies of autistic twins suggested that autism was predominantly genetically determined, although the findings with regard to a broader phenotype of cognitive, and possibly social, abnormalities were contradictory. Obstetric and perinatal hazards were also invoked as environmentally determined aetiological factors. The first British twin sample has been re-examined and a second total population sample of autistic twins recruited. In the combined sample 60% of monozygotic (MZ) pairs were concordant for autism versus no dizygotic (DZ) pairs; 92% of MZ pairs were concordant for a broader spectrum of related cognitive or social abnormalities versus 10% of DZ pairs. The findings indicate that autism is under a high degree of genetic control and suggest the involvement of multiple genetic loci. Obstetric hazards usually appear to be consequences of genetically influenced abnormal development, rather than independent aetiological factors. Few new cases had possible medical aetiologies, refuting claims that recognized disorders are common aetiological influences.
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=5025556

QuoteAutism spectrum disorders (ASDs) comprise a constellation of highly heritable neuropsychiatric disorders. Genome-wide studies of autistic individuals have implicated numerous minor risk alleles but few common variants, suggesting a complex genetic model with many contributing loci. To assess commonality of biological function among rare risk alleles, we compared functional knowledge of genes overlapping inherited structural variants in idiopathic ASD subjects relative to healthy controls. In this study we show that biological processes associated with synapse function and neurotransmission are significantly enriched, with replication, in ASD subjects versus controls. Analysis of phenotypes observed for mouse models of copy-variant genes established significant and replicated enrichment of observable phenotypes consistent with ASD behaviors. Most functional terms retained significance after excluding previously reported ASD loci. These results implicate several new variants that involve synaptic function and glutamatergic signaling processes as important contributors of ASD pathophysiology and suggest a sizable pool of additional potential ASD risk loci.
http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/mp201110a.html

QuoteThe results support a role for HOXA1 in susceptibility to autism, and add to the existing body of evidence implicating early brain stem injury in the etiology of ASDs
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/1096-9926%28200012%2962:6%3C393::AID-TERA6%3E3.0.CO;2-V/abstract
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

pH

Dumbfucks like Jenny suffer from a wide assortment of delusions that can easily be disproved. Problem is, desperate parents decide they like "your child is a magical psychic next-generation super human thing" rather than "your child is average or below average, deal with it."

http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifted/psychicTrainingGames/
Everything here "works" based on physical responses (energy ball, sensing the energy) or simple statistical probability.
And almost every single one has some kind of disclaimer attached to it, saying stuff along the lines of "dont be discouraged when it doesnt work, just try again."

So they're training kids to gamble, because "I'm psychic and i know what card is next, its a sure thing!"
This is a distraction.

QuoteTOMAHAWKS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am friends with two women who have autistic children. Both are highly intelligent and very high-functioning. Both are, at 12-13 years, less capable of taking care of themselves than my seven-year-old daughter, who may also, like her father and I, be somewhere on the autism spectrum. This is what happens when nerds breed.

People who "aren't sure" if their kid has Aspergers don't have a kid with Aspergers. I mean, this shit is fucking unmistakable if you actually see it. My kid isn't quite there, but I can guarantee you that if she breeds with another nerd she's going to have aspie kids.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm kind of glad I had my first two kids with a douche, because those guys, while weird as fuck, seem to have mostly escaped the aspie nerd curse. The girl one is oddly socially astute, and the boy one is Mr. Charmpants.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Mangrove on March 22, 2011, 09:07:32 PM
Interesting new development:

Just started working with a new client and she works with 'kids with autism'.

(So, I just had to ask because I've witnessed about three examples of 'autistic' kids at work and only one of them I actually believe.)

Mang: Soo....gotta ask. Just what is 'autism'.
Mang: Do you have clients who you truly believe in your heart of hearts has 'it'?
Client: Yes..absolutely. But there's plenty of....uh...
Mang: Misdiagnosis?
Client: Yes. We've got one 17 year old who is allegedly 'autistic' because he doesn't like cleaning his room and won't listen to his mother.
Mang: What are the typical signs?
Client: Deeply withdrawn, periodic outbursts, often there's elements of OCD, unable to read emotional/social cues etc.
Mang: And Aspergers? I keep hearing about 'high functioning'. In fact, they're so high-functioning that they're not actually sick.
Client: There's a call for the terms 'high & low' functioning to be removed from the diagnosis because it doesn't help at all. Low functioning means not being able to take care of your self at all.
Mang: How do I recognize it?
Client: Sheldon on 'Big Bang Theory' or 'House' would probably be Asperger's cases.

We talked some more about this and then she told me the HORRIBLE TROOF.

Sometimes, the diagnosis of 'Autism' or 'Aspergers' is not coming from Doctors but from Social Workers.

Sleep tight!

Just because you're high functioning doesn't mean you can disregard the diagnoses.

A guy I know has cerabal palsy in one leg. That's it. Doesn't mean he doesn't have it, just means a different type/degree of impact.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2011, 02:32:07 AM
I'm kind of glad I had my first two kids with a douche, because those guys, while weird as fuck, seem to have mostly escaped the aspie nerd curse. The girl one is oddly socially astute, and the boy one is Mr. Charmpants.

It's amazing isn't it Nigel, you cross a douche with a goddess and you get great kids!!!!  I have three of them and I don't regret for an instant my stud choice, just that I married him  :wink:

Quote from: Jenne on March 18, 2011, 02:27:36 AM
Jenny McCarthy's a cunt.

Fuck you, Jenny.  You're causing way too much fucking disease in the kids that go to schools like my neighborhoods.  Go make your money and peddle your shit more safely and less on the backs of little kids whose parents are too stupid to breathe.

Fuck you, asswipe.

ALSO THIS!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And I hear ya about the marriage. I still believe in marriage, just not for me.