News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Oh great, soft ethnic cleansing in Northern Ireland

Started by Cain, June 23, 2009, 02:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8114234.stm

QuoteOne hundred Romanians who fled their homes in Belfast after a spate of recent attacks have decided to leave Northern Ireland and return to Romania.

Social Development Minister Margaret Ritchie said 25 people had already left and 75 were going to leave as soon as they could, 14 will stay in NI.

Interestingly, this isn't the work of BNP thugs, but the equally odious and race obssessed Protestant groups up there.  Unionist politicians, like Sammy Wilson, have pretty much openly encouraged attacks against Chinese, Polish and now Romanian immigrants.

I say not BNP (they don't really have a foothold in Nothern Ireland - the IRA have some very bad blood with them), but apparently youths involved in the attacks were chanting BNP and Combat-18 slogans, suggesting more than a passing interest in fascism from the mainland.  The UDA are desperately trying to pin the blame on the BNP proper though, because it would be terrible if their gang of rightwing, racist thugs got confused with the BNP's gangs of rightwing, racist thugs.

Richter

I'm going to tell every "Irish American" I meet about this if they start pining for the old island.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

the last yatto

i was just reading about Joanne Hayes and the yellow roses :tinfoilhat:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Richter on June 23, 2009, 03:31:01 PM
I'm going to tell every "Irish American" I meet about this if they start pining for the old island.

unionists are the enemies of the IRA, who are the ones that Irish Americans generally support. 
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Richter

More general than that.  Descending from groups that ripped across, or got kicked out of most of Europe at some point, it seems silly for them to get hung up on a single place. 
Problems in a place I'm not local too are horrible, sure, but low on my list of immediate things to seriously care about.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Voodoo Chile

Just to update ya on this bullshit, The church the Roma took sanctuary in was attacked last night. Seriously would anyone miss Northern Ireland if we just...disposed of it?
If I was witty, I'm sure you'd be laughing by now.

LMNO

There's something about the Irish attacking a church that just doesn't sound right...

Richter

Depends on the denomination I suppose, but agreed otherwise...

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Voodoo Chile

Well the people who did it would probably refere to themselves as Protestents but I can't imagine they adhere strictly to Christian values.

Seriously though, I'm never surprised by anything coming out of the north. And by my own country men's apparent ability to accept whatever it is they do.

On Roma or Romanian. I've heard both on the radio, Assumed it was same.
If I was witty, I'm sure you'd be laughing by now.

LMNO

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Voodoo Chile on June 23, 2009, 08:27:39 PM
Well the people who did it would probably refere to themselves as Protestents but I can't imagine they adhere strictly to Christian values.

Seriously though, I'm never surprised by anything coming out of the north. And by my own country men's apparent ability to accept whatever it is they do.

Roma are gypsies! Romanians are people from Romania

Requia ☣

Quote from: Voodoo Chile on June 23, 2009, 08:27:39 PM

Roma = Gypsy iirc.

Romanian would just be someone from Romania.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Fred Noodle on June 23, 2009, 08:26:51 PM
wait are they Roma or Romanian *confused*

I'm pretty sure there are more Roma (Gypsies) in Northern Ireland than there are Romanians.  Most of the Irish Gypsies are Tinkers though rather than Rom. Gypsy is actually an innacurate label for them, since their culture is quite different from Rom, but the fact that both groups are nomadic and known for a very different relationship with property than most means people get them confused.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl