News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Frontier Justice

Started by Adios, June 23, 2009, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

There is a place for Frontier Justice. In my opinion the place is right between where the system fails and no other option is available. A solid alibi, plenty of witnesses and no apparent reason for the deliverer of the justice to even be involved in the situation brings a very good chance of getting away with it. I know a friend who is in this position currently. I try to think of reasons to try and dissuade my friend from being this angel of mercy but I have no convincing arguments. Actually I empathize with the situation and inside want to applaud the effort.

This is not a jake my friend is planning but some hard core retribution. The no nonsense kind. The kind with a 20 year price tag attached. If caught. I will not expose any details out of respect of the KYFMS rule but I would like some input. What should I tell my friend?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hawk on June 23, 2009, 09:19:09 PM
There is a place for Frontier Justice. In my opinion the place is right between where the system fails and no other option is available. A solid alibi, plenty of witnesses and no apparent reason for the deliverer of the justice to even be involved in the situation brings a very good chance of getting away with it. I know a friend who is in this position currently. I try to think of reasons to try and dissuade my friend from being this angel of mercy but I have no convincing arguments. Actually I empathize with the situation and inside want to applaud the effort.

This is not a jake my friend is planning but some hard core retribution. The no nonsense kind. The kind with a 20 year price tag attached. If caught. I will not expose any details out of respect of the KYFMS rule but I would like some input. What should I tell my friend?

You should tell your friend:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TELL ME? KYFMS! ;-)

Otherwise *puts on rational anarchist hat* Yes, every human on the planet is free to do what they think appropriate, even if it breaks the law... as long as they also understand the consequences and are willing to pay for their actions if necessary. IF an act carries a 20 year price tag, is it worth that cost? If it is, then by all means have at it.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

fomenter

i cant think of a better answer than the one already given...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Murmur

I think Ratatosk hit the nail on the head with this one.
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

LMNO

Also, incontovertible proof that the person on the receiving end actually deserves the amount of punishment implied.

I kind of prefer juries to mobs for this reason.

Adios

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on June 24, 2009, 01:34:32 PM
Also, incontovertible proof that the person on the receiving end actually deserves the amount of punishment implied.

I kind of prefer juries to mobs for this reason.

Good point, yet another consideration in weighing the costs. Obviously, if the issue is between two persons and the 'wrong' is obvious, then a jury is beside the point. If the issue is two or three persons removed, then part of the cost is the risk of fucking with an innocent persons freedom.

If the guilt is direct and obvious though, well... "out the airlock" worked for the Loonies.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson