News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

The price of being the big kid on the block.

Started by AFK, July 21, 2009, 01:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Apparently, Jupiter recently got hit by another comet. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32015814/ns/technology_and_science-space/

QuotePASADENA, Calif. - Astronomers say Jupiter has apparently been struck by an object, possibly a comet.

Images taken early Monday by NASA's Infrared Telescope Facility, at the summit of the Mauna Kea volcano in Hawaii, show a dark scar in Jupiter's atmosphere near the south pole of the gas giant.

The images also show bright upwelling particles in the atmosphere, detected in near-infrared wavelengths, as well as a warming of the upper troposphere with possible extra emission from ammonia gas detected at mid-infrared wavelengths.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kai

Well, Jupiter /is/ about the a tenth the size needed to kickstart nuclear fusion. That attracts a lot of attention from the surrounding neighbourhood.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Payne

The bigger they are, the harder they rock as interplanetary debris shields.

Kai

Quote from: Payne on July 21, 2009, 03:25:19 PM

TGFJ (Thank God For Jupiter)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Soylent Green

Quote from: Kai on July 21, 2009, 07:21:34 PM
Quote from: Payne on July 21, 2009, 03:25:19 PM

TGFJ (Thank God For Jupiter)

TJFG (Thank Jupiter for Gods)

Reginald Ret

TJFK(GC) (Thank Jupiter for Kai(GodCreator))

Also,
Fuck you Kai, and your emergence religion.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"