News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

How to Shrink a Quarter WITH SCIENCE!

Started by Iason Ouabache, June 23, 2009, 10:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, hey Erin. No, you're not that new. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cait M. R.

I think you're wasting your time, Nigel. His overwhelming stupidity coupled with his cancerous self-importance make it exceptionally difficult for me to see him ever shutting the fuck up and learning. I've read through at least 40 different pleas in various topics for him to please stop being such a big-headed jackass. Often, he replies condescendingly. When he doesn't, he ignores it entirely.

Your plea will be ignored too, because he is an idiot.

Also, hi.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 25, 2009, 05:29:26 AM
hey its like nostalgicbadger

Naw.  NB was just a republican.  Arafailus is way fucking worse.  Reading his insufferable bullshit is like having gonorrhea in your eyeballs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

AND SOMEBODY GET ME THAT MACHINE!  I HAVE TO SHRINK MY NEIGHBOR'S CAR.

Arafelis

Quote from: Nigel on June 25, 2009, 05:28:02 AM
How about this one: Arafelis, stop being so offputtingly condescending.

Ok.  If I can ask for something in return, it would only be the occasional benefit of the doubt.  I really did think you could compress a quarter.  =P
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Kai

Quote from: Arafelis on June 25, 2009, 07:16:23 AM

Ok.  If I can ask for something in return, it would only be the occasional benefit of the doubt.  I really did think you could compress a quarter.  =P

We're only willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you're willing to doubt yourself occassionally. Which doesn't seem to be the case, since you consistently come off as a pretentious blowhard.

@Null & Void: <3
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

But Kai, surely the blowhard aspect could not just have happened by accident.  It must have been designed that way by a higher power.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Kai on June 25, 2009, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: Arafelis on June 25, 2009, 07:16:23 AM

We're only willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you're willing to doubt yourself occassionally. Which doesn't seem to be the case, since you consistently come off as a pretentious blowhard.

@Null & Void: <3

That's putting it mildly.

Also, <3

Cait M. R.

Quote from: LMNO on June 25, 2009, 03:04:25 PM
But Kai, surely the blowhard aspect could not just have happened by accident.  It must have been designed that way by a higher power.

Dear god, it's like my mother and Arafailis came together like some sort of organic Voltron!

:horrormirth:

Curse you LMNO!

LMNO

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on June 25, 2009, 03:04:25 PM
But Kai, surely the blowhard aspect could not just have happened by accident.  It must have been designed that way by a higher power.

Of course, it only stands to reason that such incredible amounts of pretensionl MUST have been designed by a retarded deity! No working of natural selection nor genetic or social drift could bring about such a collection of utter fail.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Arafelis on June 25, 2009, 05:06:46 AM
Quote from: null & void on June 25, 2009, 04:51:39 AM
2nd: ARAFAILIS:
repeated indictment to die

Here's some new ones:

"Aptless!  Die in a fire!"
"Arafloss, masturbate with a lawnmower."
"Areyoudeadyet: Piss on a socket."
"Araphaelis... go consume improperly prepaired sushi.

Then stab yourself."  (This one makes more sense if you know Raphael was my least favorite Turtle.)

Feel free to mix'n'match, or come up with entirely new ones.

How about this one: Arafelis, stop being so offputtingly condescending. You may be used to being the smartest kid in your hometown but here you're dealing largely with people who are both highly intelligent and highly educated, so you're basically making yourself look very foolish by trying to play expert.

To build on this point:

I maxed out the professional IQ test I was given in school. In real life, I'm consistently recognized as one of the sharpest and most knowledgeable of my peers.

I hang out at PD.com because the people here are consistently smarter and more knowledgeable than me. Being a small fish in a big pond is more exciting.

LMNO