News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Online Pharmacy

Started by attasixeryivy, June 24, 2009, 02:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

attasixeryivy

Buy free, FDA approved orbital bombardments today!

www.himeobs.com

goddamnit, I was about to do that :argh!: -- Agent P00ph0le

Murmur

Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Cain

Uh, the word you were looking for is "spam bot", not "troll".

fomenter

i am curious how often does a spam bot try to sign up here?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

Not very often.  I banned most of the major offenders for spam back in 2007 and since then...well, how many spambots have you seen?  Its been highly effective.

fomenter

nice i see very few getting in, cog is over run with them and banning one at a time seems silly can you pm me some info ?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

I shall give it freely and openly.

Ban all spambots on the IP they are using AND the one they signed up with.  Ban anything ending in .info, .ru, .biz and .pl unless its something like hotmail.pl.  Also ban these http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11536.msg361712#msg361712

fomenter

thanks i would need admin permissions to ban ip there but i will pass it on..
maybe they will do it  :lulz:

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on June 24, 2009, 07:50:10 PM
thanks i would need admin permissions to ban ip there but i will pass it on..
maybe they will do it  :lulz:

They're not really big on improvements.  You might offend their enormous user base.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

the rate of change must be kept in check :lulz:  if a user base that large turns on you look out..

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on June 26, 2009, 03:56:56 AM
the rate of change must be kept in check :lulz:  if a user base that large turns on you look out..

You could get a nasty hangnail.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

if someone got surprised by the change they might post more than two sentences worth of gibberish at once, the horror

hmroogp

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: fomenter on June 24, 2009, 06:54:27 PM
i am curious how often does a spam bot try to sign up here?

around the time ECH first took the board we got them like every third new user... thats why the admins have to accept every new account... One or two is bound to slip in now and again, but this seems to be rare
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

fomenter

the cog they are signing up three at a time all the time (only a small exaggeration) and whichever mod is around bans them. it isn't doing any good, and the lack of bots here got me asking how it was done, its an admin thing so i passed the info on..

hmroogp

Murmur

Spam bot.  Got it.  My bad.

:mrgreen:
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR