News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

"The worst forum on the internet"

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 25, 2009, 01:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

easy-e

I was very disappointed when I found that the worst forum on the internet's registration was disabled...I'm glad you guys opened it back up.  I guess that doesn't make you the worst forum on the internet...

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: easy-e on December 01, 2011, 08:34:23 PM
I was very disappointed when I found that the worst forum on the internet's registration was disabled...I'm glad you guys opened it back up.  I guess that doesn't make you the worst forum on the internet...

It wasn't disabled, as was explained to you, it's just quirky and you obviously lack the superior internet skills to figure it out on your own.....  :lulz:

easy-e

Quote from: Khara on December 01, 2011, 08:36:47 PMIt wasn't disabled, as was explained to you, it's just quirky and you obviously lack the superior internet skills to figure it out on your own.....  :lulz:
It said it was disabled.  The second time I tried it said your account was sent to an admin for approval.

fanglekai

Quote from: easy-e on December 01, 2011, 08:40:13 PM
Quote from: Khara on December 01, 2011, 08:36:47 PMIt wasn't disabled, as was explained to you, it's just quirky and you obviously lack the superior internet skills to figure it out on your own.....  :lulz:
It said it was disabled.  The second time I tried it said your account was sent to an admin for approval.

This is true.

I'm just glad I can be a part of this glorious forum.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: easy-e on December 01, 2011, 08:40:13 PM
It LIED.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cain

Well, it lied the first time, at least.  It really did send his application to an admin for approval, though.

I think it is to do with session timeouts or something...Trip and Faust looked into it once.  It's a little annoying, but easily circumvented.

The Good Reverend Roger

HEY, ASSHOLES FROM BOTH PD AND TOTSE2:

Can we please avoid the shit flinging?  My server is unstable right now, and it takes like 10 minutes to load a page...So, I don't want to wait around just to see "NO U".  Humor your RaingodTM in this, or I'll take a personal interest in you.

Thank you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

easy-e

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2011, 08:47:42 PM

Can we please avoid the shit flinging?  My server is unstable right now, and it takes like 10 minutes to load a page...So, I don't want to wait around just to see "NO U".  Humor your RaingodTM in this, or I'll take a personal interest in you.

Thank you.
Yeah, I had to spend some money recently to upgrade our server.  It's a good think otherwise you guys would have crashed our website for sure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: easy-e on December 01, 2011, 08:50:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2011, 08:47:42 PM

Thank you.
Yeah, I had to spend some money recently to upgrade our server.  It's a good think otherwise you guys would have crashed our website for sure.

This one comes and goes.  I think the loading problem is on my end, though.  That fat bastard engineer is playing that WWII videogame in his office again.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

easy-e

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2011, 08:52:12 PM
This one comes and goes.  I think the loading problem is on my end, though.  That fat bastard engineer is playing that WWII videogame in his office again.

Haha, that's how it works.  We rent a VPS but our ram kept maxing out.  vBulletin is a hog on CPU and RAM.

I've been floating the idea of getting a business internet line and building my own little datacenter.  If totse2 doubles in size it would pay itself off in about a year verses renting a second server.

Cain

Its probably a mix of your end and the site, Rog.  It loads fairly quickly for me, with my obscenely good connection, but not as quick as normal, and I've noticed a couple of 500 errors recently, which I haven't seen in a while.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2011, 08:56:46 PM
Its probably a mix of your end and the site, Rog.  It loads fairly quickly for me, with my obscenely good connection, but not as quick as normal, and I've noticed a couple of 500 errors recently, which I haven't seen in a while.

You think that Irish fucker is doing lines off the server stacks again?

Cain

I wouldn't blame him.  I have promised a decent sum towards the server, for Xmas, he's likely spending it in advance on potatoes and rosaries, or whatever it is they do for fun in Ireland.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2011, 09:03:52 PM
I wouldn't blame him.  I have promised a decent sum towards the server, for Xmas, he's likely spending it in advance on potatoes and rosaries, or whatever it is they do for fun in Ireland.

Hopscotch on the bogs.

Anyway, I'm done over at totse2.  And I take back the part about wanting Riv3r to come over.  If Easy-E and Fangly hang around once in a while, that's all I really want from that place, given the response I got on arrival.  Hell, they're still over there ass-slapping & high-fiving that they "drove us off". 

I really don't care - it's only the internet - but I wonder why they wouldn't want more traffic?  Maybe it's a private club of people that know each other IRL, like FG, and they don't want any outsiders.