Main Menu

Jesus is Black

Started by Trollax, June 03, 2004, 06:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Discourse 26: Jesus is Black

Quote,ÄúWe,Äôre all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.,Äù
~Oscar Wilde~

,ÄúI still live, I still think; I must still live, for I must still think. I wish to be at all times hereafter to be only a yea-sayer.,Äù
~Nietzsche~

,ÄúIf you say that everything,Äîchaos, darkness, anathema,Äîcan be reduced to mathematical formulae,Äîthen man will go insane on purpose to have no judgement, and to behave as he likes. I believe this because it appears that man,Äôs whole business is to prove that he is a man and not a cog wheel.,Äù
~Fyodor Dostoyevsky~

,ÄúMother! Give me the sun!,Äù
~Henrik Ibsen: Ghosts~

And I don,Äôt want the world to see me
,ÄòCause I don,Äôt think that they,Äôd understand
When everything,Äôs made to broken
I just want you to know who I am
~John Rzeznik~

The Rebel. The Corruptor. The Iconoclast. What do you fight for? What are you free for? To what end do you strive? God is dead, and we have killed him. Killed him by going to a large building every weekend with 100+ other people and listening to someone reiterate a book at us and calling it spirituality. Killed him by dividing our lives into seven distinct persons, one for every day of the week. Killed him by assigning a gender to something so awesome, something so loving that we,Äôve been allowed to practically destroy this corner of space without complaint. In myself I am sickened. Sickened by your displays of egoism, which you dare call righteous. ,ÄúI am chaos, I am alive, and I tell you that you are free.,Äù Not that you are free so long as Asscroft leaves the constitution alone. Not that you are free so long as gay Mexicans don,Äôt invade. Not that you are free so long as you follow these laws and do this on Wednesdays. Not that you are free so long as you can hoist the black flag and hurl a Molotov at a police car. But that you are free; in the darkest corner of a draconian world, in the shallowest unknown grave of a revolution, you are free. Without flags, without guns, without holy books or armies you are free.

You say that you strive for chaos because you strive to maintain your freedom. Then you are killing for peace; screwing for virginity. Do you think Eris gives even half of one tenth of a millionth of a shit about your constitutions? Your right to bear arms, arm bears, and bare your asses? Your right to speak your mind, worship in your chosen fashion, to live the life you want? Is it your duty to make people aware of their responsibilities to the environment, their ,Äúfellow man,,Äù and to their children? You are the saddest joke of all. The dream is over, don,Äôt you see? She laughs at your constitution and beds her lover on your flag. You are never happy and continually blame your unrest on the world around you. You cling so heavily to insubstantial notions: Science, technology, religion, rights, morality,Ķ it never ends. You have not embraced the chaos within.

You are the men and women of which the inquisitor spoke. Those who seek to worship only the universal, the incontestable truth. Believing that if you can find but one thing that you cannot refute, which can never be disproved: you will be safe; you will be strong. This is why you are being surveilled, that is why you must attack the infidel, fight against the barbarian hordes, and call down the apocalypse so the earth may be cleansed. Every one of you believes that things fall down, but that is not faith enough is it? It is sure as all buggery incontestable, but it doesn,Äôt satisfy now does it? It doesn,Äôt abate your fears nor fill you with the sense of wholeness that one would expect from the universal truth.

,ÄúNothing is true, all things are permissible.,Äù Isn,Äôt exactly going to fit well with the idea that there,Äôs a universal truth is there? Surely if everything is permissible and there,Äôs no such thing as truth then it,Äôs OK? You can believe and do what you want. Right? Sure, but think of all those clods who are going to make it into the afterlife even when they just sit around and don,Äôt spend Saturday mornings embarrassing and degrading themselves by handing out crappy magazines. Think of all the people who are going to just go around killing and eating other people. Think of all the lawless, axe-murderers who are going to be granted eternal paradise just because nothing is true, just because god loves everyone.

You are all spiritually insecure. You have no faith. Yes, things are bad right now. Yes they are only getting worse, and why? Because you seek the universal and it is not there. You do not dig within. You are afraid. To give up your flags, to give up your gods, to give up your very self and find no reward, no 10-dollar prize and no eternal salvation at the end of it. You fear that the world may truly have only hell at the end of it; that the good life is to tread your brothers and sisters into the dirt. So it is a far better thing for you, the bourgeois, the insider, to talk of faith and read of it in a book and watch it portrayed on a screen. Yet should you have the courage to pass through this place, even a glimpse of that other side is worth more than the entire world, than creation itself. Even if the good life is to destroy this place, even if the entire world is doomed to end: should you truly have faith in another world, then I say you will fight against it. Against your own creator, against every rock, tree, and burning sun to change the stars.

You are free. Fall: pick yourself up: keep on swimming. Play pranks, pepper the town with leaflets and get arrested, and go out and do it all again. Practice for practice,Äôs sake, dig inside, face the hour of greatest contempt, and cross the abyss. You are free. Once you realise that, you can find harmony in the world. But nobody can give that realisation any more than they can give you harmony. You are free. But you will also be insulted, assaulted, your limits tested and there is no god who will prevent it. Yet if you can but see the other side then even death cannot stop you.

Author's Postscript:
This Discourse was written in a rather bilous mood I must concede. It was penned in response to recent events that are still percolating through this forum. I do hope that it will stimulate further debate and not provoke further ideological riots. But, you can't have everything.

archPope Rocket P Llama

*clapclap* Bravo.

Needs a stinging denouncement of the Illuminati though.
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD[You say that you strive for chaos because you strive to maintain your freedom.

I said nothing of the kind.  I strive for chaos because I *like* chaos.

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDAuthor's Postscript:
This Discourse was written in a rather bilous mood I must concede. It was penned in response to recent events that are still percolating through this forum. I do hope that it will stimulate further debate and not provoke further ideological riots. But, you can't have everything.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD[You say that you strive for chaos because you strive to maintain your freedom.

I said nothing of the kind.  I strive for chaos because I *like* chaos.

1. Then we're all good.

2. It's not just you that got me going

Horab Fibslager

a man walked along the road, far had he travelled, and many had he passed. a man who resembled a hippy(except that hippies had not yet been invented) stood by the road conversing with travellers who then went their way. the man walked toward the other, and without knowing why entirely, threw himself at the other's feet, adn begged of him; "forgive me brother, for i have lost all my base". adn the other looked down and wept for him and said unto him "you are forgiven my brother, you will set us up the bomb, of that i have never doubted anything less. go now, and make your time." and so did the traveller go forth.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I like it. It's about time you spit out some bile. It's good for the soul.

That's why I launched the jihad.

I do disagree with the assertion that striving for chaos means one is killing for peace. The individual and situation will differ considerably among Chaoists.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCI like it. It's about time you spit out some bile. It's good for the soul.

I do disagree with the assertion that striving for chaos means one is killing for peace. The individual and situation will differ considerably among Chaoists.

Actually I was referring to a certain bent running around the world that chaos for freedom is a good idea. Like flying planes into high-rise buildings was good for global stability...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD
Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCI like it. It's about time you spit out some bile. It's good for the soul.

Actually I was referring to a certain bent running around the world that chaos for freedom is a good idea. Like flying planes into high-rise buildings was good for global stability...

Those people weren't striving for chaos however. They were striving for a world in which their vision would be the only approved vision.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"