News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

WingNutDaily's Idiotic Article of the Day

Started by Iason Ouabache, July 01, 2009, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

I just kinda take it for granted Fox lies, and leave the particulars to others.

Hell, it was set up with the intention of being a conservative propaganda machine, and hires on the basis of ideological purity for the most part.  Even most other networks aren't that corrupted by the political process (they're just corrupted by the more usual "I don't want to upset my sources!" pant-wetting school of journalism).

Halfbaked1

I saw no reason to create a new thread, but...

THIS JUST IN!

The temperature at the Earths Core is around a MILLION DEGREES!

Al Gore said so, thus it must be true.
CONAN O'BRIEN, HOST: Now, what about ... you talk in the book about geothermal energy...
AL GORE, NOBEL LAUREATE: Yeah, yeah.
O'BRIEN: ...and that is, as I understand it, using the heat that's generated from the core of the earth ...

GORE: Yeah.

O'BRIEN: ...to create energy, and it sounds to me like an evil plan by Lex Luthor to defeat Superman. Can you, can you tell me, is this a viable solution, geothermal energy?

GORE: It definitely is, and it's a relatively new one. People think about geothermal energy - when they think about it at all - in terms of the hot water bubbling up in some places, but two kilometers or so down in most places there are these incredibly hot rocks, 'cause the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees, and the crust of the earth is hot ...

I got a giggle outta that.

fomenter

don't giggle at Al gore he speaks the truth... he is the man that invented the Internets and if he said the the core of the earth is a million degrees it is, and the humans are going to drowned from rising sea levels then it must be true...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Thurnez Isa

Inner core is usually estimated somewhere from 5500 to 6000 K (C is just K - 273) - estimated using the melting temperature of iron at the pressure of the core
I think Gore is talking about using hot-dry rock geothermal (not the conventional geothermal). The problems are, as with conventional geothermal it's limited to where you could use it. The rocks have to be hot enough where your able to drill. In reality we can't drill that deep. For example the geothermal gradient (rate which the temperature increases with depth) in the east portion of North America is lower then that in the West. Also you need huge amounts of water to pump into the cracks and in the US (Im not sure with Canada as there is no need to resort to geothermal) the states where the gradient is sufficient enough (Nevada, New Mexico, ect.) aren't really known for their abundance of water. As well as you need bedrocks with good porosity. Also as far as I know the technology is "there", but how efficient is it?
I'd be interested to know what the gradient is in Europe, but I don't know and the few books I have up here all deal with North America.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Iason Ouabache

Ok, most of this article is just "GAYS!!!!!1!!!1 :argh!:" But this one line is really really interesting:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=116595

QuoteIn fact, I think Christians are the new Negro – but that's an issue for a follow-up column.

I can't wait for that column. I want to hear all about this new opressed majority.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 20, 2009, 11:36:20 PM

My advice to the columnist...

If you don't like that way a certain church operates
go to a different church!

TI: solving everyone's problems, one post at a time

Dante

Requia ☣

But then they couldn't stick their noses in other people's business.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Halfbaked1

Hey, they can always start their own church.  happens here all the time, they just tack another pseudo biblical word on to the name.

Meadowbrook Baptist Church
Meadowbrook Biblical Baptist Church
Meadowbrook Biblical Baptist Church of Prophecy
Meadowbrook Biblical Baptist Church of Prophecy in Christ
Meadowbrook Biblical Baptist Church of Prophecy in Christs' Revival
Meadowbrook Biblical Baptist Church of Prophecy in Christs' Revival; End Times
(Ad Infinitum, Ad Nauseum)

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 20, 2009, 11:36:20 PM
Ok, most of this article is just "GAYS!!!!!1!!!1 :argh!:" But this one line is really really interesting:

QuoteIn fact, I think Christians are the new Negro – but that's an issue for a follow-up column.

I can't wait for that column. I want to hear all about this new opressed majority.

Ok, since I was bored I have taken the liberty of altering Mr. Sowell's words ever so slightly. Just pretend that we've gone 60 years into the past:

Quote"Interracial marriage is not a local issue but a national issue because maintaining the rule of law – or what is left of it – is a national issue of historic importance if we are not to see America degenerate into the world's largest banana republic, or worse.

"The time is long overdue to start impeaching judges who think their job is to veto laws they do not like or condone lawlessness that they agree with. An independent judiciary does not mean judges independent of the Constitution from which they derive their power or independent of the laws that they are sworn to uphold."

And now for Mr. Hutcherson:

QuoteThe voters will have the last word. When we go to the polls, we will not forget the public servants who think they are above the law...

Interracial couples and their supporters insist that marriage is a fundamental right, and that to deprive them of this right is the most vicious form of discrimination. They also believe that to deny them this right makes them second-class citizens.

QuoteI think the church should stop being "evangelly-fish," with no "spiritual vertebrae." Our battle cry, from here to eternity, should be, "We are not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ."

The Bible teaches in the Old and the New Testaments that Miscegenation is wrong; there is no place where Miscegenation is ever talked about in a positive light...

Do we believe that the Bible is the word of God, or not?

Yeah, no similarities there at all.
    \

LMNO

Iason Ouabache

\

Iason Ouabache

\

Kai

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 24, 2009, 12:38:02 AM
Hey, wanna see Kai's head explode?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=116601

I read down to "DNA Disagrees with Darwin" and stopped. Aside from the bit about Fitzroy, which made me laugh (he wasn't much of a thinker, that one), I am appalled. And I hate you.  :argh!:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Requia ☣

ATTN ALL FUNDIES

Darwin did not come up with the idea of evolution, he explained one of the mechanisms.  Evolution was established well before Origin was published,
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.