News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Why Fundies Love Palin

Started by Iason Ouabache, July 03, 2009, 05:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pariah

Undeniably there will be some announcement tomorrow.
Maybe she'll start the 2012 campaign early?
:lulz:
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2009, 12:06:52 AM
This is apparently a stroke of political genius by Palin.  Quitting, that is.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/07/kristol_a_contrarian_take_1.asp

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NGZlMWI5YmQxODVmODZhYTU1MzQxNWFiNzVlZmMyNTQ=
Yeah, but when has Bill Kristol ever been right about anything?  I haven't been able to watch her speech yet but did she really say that NOT quitting her job would be the quitter's way out?  WTF?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

Ok, found the transcripts since I can't watch the video at work.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/07/03/transcript-of-palins-announcement/

QuoteLife is too short to compromise time and resources... it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: "Sit down and shut up", but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and "go with the flow".
:lulz:  I might actually miss this woman.
    \

Iason Ouabache

The world needs more retarded children!
                               \
    \

Cain

Not quitting is a quitters way out?

:?

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Iason Ouabache

The conspiracy theories have already started:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-03/did-a-scandal-sink-the-uss-palin/?cid=hp:mainpromo2

QuoteCNN and other major news outlets have reported that Sarah Palin has abruptly resigned as governor of Alaska. The suddenness of her announcement raises the question about whether Palin resigned to avert a major scandal. One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies, with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide-open state.

SBS has close ties to the Palins. The company has not only sponsored Todd Palin's snowmobile team, according to the Village Voice's Wayne Barrett, it hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004.

Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few "buddies," according to Barrett's report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house. While serving as mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin blocked an initiative that would have required the public filing of building permits—thus momentarily preventing the revelation of such suspicious information.

Just months before Palin left city hall to campaign for governor, she awarded a contract to SBS to help build the $13 million Wasilla Sports Complex. The most expensive building project in Wasilla history, the complex cost the city an additional $1.3 million in legal fees and threw it into severe long-term debt. For SBS, however, the bloated and bungled project was a cash cow.
    \

Iason Ouabache

Take this with a grain of salt:

http://oxdown.firedoglake.com/diary/6105

QuoteUpdate: This just in my inbox, from a source connected sometimes to CNN:

"Here's a quote I got from law enforcement here in Alaska yesterday afternoon regarding Palin "a criminal indictment is pending authorization."
    \

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

THE MENOPAUSE HAD TO HIT SOME TIME.
"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

Thurnez Isa

I wonder if Palin will do MILF Hunters after retirement
or at least Playboy
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante