News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

I'm making a religion based on Emergence.

Started by Kai, July 04, 2009, 04:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 10:59:23 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 31, 2009, 10:54:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 10:48:50 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 31, 2009, 10:47:28 PM

The problem with cities is that by their very nature they protect against attacks by giant enemies.

No, they protect against attack by other primates.  A gigantic fucking lizard loose in Chicago would be damn near impossible to stop.

The reason they protect against attacks by giant, say, lizards/bears/angry elephants/etc. is because there is no habitat here to speak of. A giant lizard in Chicago would, just like a small lizard in Chicago, end up dying of dehydration or cold within a few days. Plus it would have no reason to be near Chicago in the first place; someone would have to bring it there.

Please stop fucking up my dreams with your hideous reality.   :argh!:

I have to... it's a sickness.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

The problem with cities is that by their very nature they protect against attacks by giant enemies.

No, they protect against attack by other primates.  A gigantic fucking lizard loose in Chicago would be damn near impossible to stop.

The reason they protect against attacks by giant, say, lizards/bears/angry elephants/etc. is because there is no habitat here to speak of. A giant lizard in Chicago would, just like a small lizard in Chicago, end up dying of dehydration or cold within a few days. Plus it would have no reason to be near Chicago in the first place; someone would have to bring it there.

he could just get scared and go on a rampage ala circus elephant
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 31, 2009, 11:03:37 PM

No, they protect against attack by other primates.  A gigantic fucking lizard loose in Chicago would be damn near impossible to stop.

he could just get scared and go on a rampage ala circus elephant
Naw, just send in the Bears.

Brotep

Apologies if this was already posted, but I can't be bothered to read seven pages just to say something clever...

Shouldn't an emergence-based religion occur on its own?  :P

Captain Utopia

Brotep

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anton on September 01, 2009, 01:32:39 AM
Apologies if this was already posted, but I can't be bothered to read seven pages just to say something clever...

It is.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Quote from: Anton on September 01, 2009, 01:37:06 AM
Quote from: fictionpuss on September 01, 2009, 01:35:42 AM
It is.

Is it?

If my consciousness is an emergence system based in bio/bio connections, then I am Emergence, therefore Emergence-based religion is occurring on it's (Emergence's) own.  8) (cleverness given in return; mental masturbation, ALL OF IT)

Also, I didn't have to force these conclusions if you know what I mean.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anton on September 01, 2009, 01:37:06 AM
Quote from: fictionpuss on September 01, 2009, 01:35:42 AM
It is.

Is it?

Unless Kai isn't a biological life form.  Is that the position you wish to take?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Kai

I'm one of those weird carbon based proteinaceous beings with dioxyribonucleotide storage of genetic material. Don't know if that makes me living or not, but I'm going with "living" anyway.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on September 01, 2009, 02:56:26 AM
I'm one of those weird carbon based proteinaceous beings with dioxyribonucleotide storage of genetic material. Don't know if that makes me living or not, but I'm going with "living" anyway.

Beats the alternative.   :lulz:

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 03:03:58 AM

Yeah. I mean, crystalline latticeworks are pretty and all, but try BEING one for a while. Must be boring as fuck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on September 01, 2009, 03:06:27 AM

Yeah. I mean, crystalline latticeworks are pretty and all, but try BEING one for a while. Must be boring as fuck.

Well, that's not what I meant, but sure.  My first wife was like that.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 03:07:29 AM

Just sitting around, undergoing nucleation process....eating salts and silicon....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on September 01, 2009, 03:12:20 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 03:07:29 AM

Just sitting around, undergoing nucleation process....eating salts and silicon....

Well, it's an excuse to sit on the beach.