I'm making a religion based on Emergence.

Started by Kai, July 04, 2009, 04:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

minuspace

>The moment of understanding is the only part of the whole project that is never fixed into any other part.

Are you asking for an admission of trans-humanism?
or,
When does memory become telescopic instead of prosthetic ;-)

Daego

Discordianism is a joke and you not funny.  Don't belive before eris is a cuntbag.  Propaganda is your dumb.  No i not troling I iz mad at you for your face.  It has zits and you are fat!  You hae no ejucation and are dumb.  You went to colledge and then say fight the man and your not worthy.  They told yu everythjing you know and yuo blived it all.  I am a person. You arent
Not Impressed, FuX uR peE

Phox

Quote from: Daego on October 24, 2010, 07:22:14 PM
Discordianism is a joke and you not funny.  Don't belive before eris is a cuntbag.  Propaganda is your dumb.  No i not troling I iz mad at you for your face.  It has zits and you are fat!  You hae no ejucation and are dumb.  You went to colledge and then say fight the man and your not worthy.  They told yu everythjing you know and yuo blived it all.  I am a person. You arent

Quid est? You aren't even trying.

Doktor Howl

This is that spag from Indiana.
Molon Lube

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2010, 07:52:20 PM

Previous ban or just doubling up?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Phox on October 24, 2010, 07:55:12 PM

Doubling up.  IIRC, he was a useless ass in his earlier incarnation, so he came in here to fail again.
Molon Lube

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2010, 07:56:47 PM

Doubling up.  IIRC, he was a useless ass in his earlier incarnation, so he came in here to fail again.

Meh, seems pretty weak. Ignore mode on.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Phox on October 24, 2010, 07:59:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2010, 07:56:47 PM

Meh, seems pretty weak. Ignore mode on.

I'd give it .5 Wades and .66 Cowass.

Not ready for prime time.

So, yeah, ignore on.
Molon Lube

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

Quote from: Liam on October 25, 2010, 07:02:16 AM
QuoteAre you asking for an admission of trans-humanism?

Whats wrong with Transhumanism?

Less and less as I mature. Besides the "human" part.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Liam on October 25, 2010, 07:02:16 AM
QuoteAre you asking for an admission of trans-humanism?

Whats wrong with Transhumanism?

I think of Transhumanism  as yet another system where its focus is on transcending this existence (Peter Carrol's "Transcendent Paradigm"). They've just swapped GOD! for SCIENCE!

I see nothings wrong with liking that sort of belief system, if its the sort of belief system you like... However, most of the ones I've met tend to act a bit crackpotty, focused more on the idea of transcending than the reality of what actually exists. I've met some Transhumanists that swear technology is gonna take us to the Next Level, yet they have no understanding of the technology we have right now, thus their metaphors tend to sound more like fantasy and less like a reasonable concept. I've met far fewer that have a clue about what's really happening in technology and I find that their view are a bit less fantasy... more just extremely optimistic.

So kinda like various other religions... the loudest ones don't appear to know what they're talking about, and the ones that do seem to have a clue aren't entirely on board with the level of crazy present among their vocal peers.

Perhaps that's just my experience, though.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

No, that seems pretty fair from my experience also.

Elder Iptuous

any examples of the 'reasonable' transhumanists that have writings or info for perusal?