News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

I thought it got chilly in here: Fox News turns its back on Sarah Palin

Started by Da6s, July 06, 2009, 06:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Cain

Wingnutese to English translation:

"Sarah Palin made me look like a fucking idiot for supporting her so much and so publically.  Goddamn I really hate her now, I look like a moron.  Fuck Palin, fuck her in the ass with a rusty screwdriver, I'll never live this down."

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, Da6s, the GOP tolerates no failure.  Well, they do, they just wait 10 years and bring you back (see Gingrich, Newt).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 06, 2009, 06:17:54 PM
Wingnutese to English translation:

"Sarah Palin made me look like a fucking idiot for supporting her so much and so publically.  Goddamn I really hate her now, I look like a moron.  Fuck Palin, fuck her in the ass with a rusty screwdriver, I'll never live this down."

Motorcycle.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Da6s

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 06, 2009, 06:18:36 PM
Well, Da6s, the GOP tolerates no failure.  Well, they do, they just wait 10 years and bring you back (see Gingrich, Newt).

Yeah, I'm just surprised they're already doing this. Despite being a fucking psycho, she had the most charisma of any potential candidate they've had since Reagan.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Da6s on July 06, 2009, 06:21:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 06, 2009, 06:18:36 PM

Yeah, I'm just surprised they're already doing this. Despite being a fucking psycho, she had the most charisma of any potential candidate they've had since Reagan.

Bullshit.  Her "charisma" consisted of saying what the base wanted to hear.  She was incapable of anything else.  That's why McCain lost the election.

LMNO

I don't think "charisma" is defined as "over half of the country wanting to cock-slap a bitch."

Da6s

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 06, 2009, 06:27:34 PM

Bullshit.  Her "charisma" consisted of saying what the base wanted to hear.  She was incapable of anything else.  That's why McCain lost the election.

I'm just speaking of what I saw in the reaction of this red state. All the fundies thought she was the new messiah, the ideal conservative christian candidate.

They even forgave having the knocked up daughter, assuming it was just the typical baptist shotgun wedding scenario.

Thurnez Isa

Many were turning on her before the election - in other words saw the writing on the wall. The fundies like her, but if there was good a turn out in the election she would be a liability
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Da6s

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2009, 06:29:10 PM
I don't think "charisma" is defined as "over half of the country wanting to cock-slap a bitch."

Perhaps charisma was a bad choice of words. What I was really trying to say was "could effectively mobilize the religious right into bombing some abortion clinics and gay clubs better than previous candidates."

I just don't know the word for that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Da6s on July 06, 2009, 06:29:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 06, 2009, 06:27:34 PM

I'm just speaking of what I saw in the reaction of this red state. All the fundies thought she was the new messiah, the ideal conservative christian candidate.

They even forgave having the knocked up daughter, assuming it was just the typical baptist shotgun wedding scenario.

Yeah, but Reagan got the swing vote, because he was able to appeal to the center and even to a chunk of the left.

Palin is and was nothing more than a revival tent preacher.  She preaches to the converted, and does so in a way that alienates everyone else.  

She's the "anti-Reagan".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Da6s on July 06, 2009, 06:31:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2009, 06:29:10 PM

Perhaps charisma was a bad choice of words. What I was really trying to say was "could effectively mobilize the religious right into bombing some abortion clinics and gay clubs better than previous candidates."

I just don't know the word for that.

"Trained Monkey".

Cain

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 06, 2009, 06:30:48 PM
Many were turning on her before the election - in other words saw the writing on the wall. The fundies like her, but if there was good a turn out in the election she would be a liability
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

The thing is though, both Kristol and Krauthammer also liked her, but they're atheists.

What is with the Neocons wanting to put their political dicks in every Christian fundie going?  Its pathological, it really is.

Da6s

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 06, 2009, 06:32:12 PM

Yeah, but Reagan got the swing vote, because he was able to appeal to the center and even to a chunk of the left.

Palin is and was nothing more than a revival tent preacher.  She preaches to the converted, and does so in a way that alienates everyone else.  

She's the "anti-Reagan".

Fair enough, but I was honestly afraid of her just for the sake most of the standard conservatives I associate on an every day basis with through work/school went from normal nutjobs to almost cult like behavior regarding her.

Example, my boss used to say to me, "I don't understand what you have against Palin, I think she's dreamy". That's fucking scary.

LMNO