News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Apsynthion Bathyprikon

Started by the last yatto, July 11, 2009, 04:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

it does kick the liver pretty good, and makes champage drinkable.

so far i have tried most of the usual store brands (3or so)
but  not including the one from Czech republic that i saw in Canada
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on July 12, 2009, 10:06:07 PM
My experience with absinthe is that you end up getting too drunk before noticing the effects of the thujone. However, all commercially produced brands, even in Europe, are highly regulated unlike what they used to kick out in the 1800s, and I have never had home-distilled before.

This.

The reason you get a "different" drunk is for the same reasons you get a "different" drunk off of Gin vs. Vodka; the distilling process is the same, but gin has extra flavors in it, primarily juniper.  no one would say that juniper berries get you high, but adding the different flavors of herbs etc makes the booze hit you differently. 

Absinthe has more than just wormwood-- a lot more.  The added impurities from the various herbs will make you feel a different drunk.

Richter

The stuff always makes me depressed.  The stuff is great though, so I can't bring myself to throw out what I've got left.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Indiana Adam over at the NEG board was like, "I never hallucinated off of the absinthe, waaaaah." And I'm like, "Dude, you took like 2 sips from Richter's flask."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on July 13, 2009, 01:01:30 PM
My experience with absinthe is that you end up getting too drunk before noticing the effects of the thujone. However, all commercially produced brands, even in Europe, are highly regulated unlike what they used to kick out in the 1800s, and I have never had home-distilled before.

This.

The reason you get a "different" drunk is for the same reasons you get a "different" drunk off of Gin vs. Vodka; the distilling process is the same, but gin has extra flavors in it, primarily juniper.  no one would say that juniper berries get you high, but adding the different flavors of herbs etc makes the booze hit you differently. 

Absinthe has more than just wormwood-- a lot more.  The added impurities from the various herbs will make you feel a different drunk.

We've had this exact discussion before, haven't we?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on July 13, 2009, 03:16:57 PM
Indiana Adam over at the NEG board was like, "I never hallucinated off of the absinthe, waaaaah." And I'm like, "Dude, you took like 2 sips from Richter's flask."

If there's hallucination from absinthe, something's gone horribly wrong.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on July 13, 2009, 06:09:15 PM

This.

The reason you get a "different" drunk is for the same reasons you get a "different" drunk off of Gin vs. Vodka; the distilling process is the same, but gin has extra flavors in it, primarily juniper.  no one would say that juniper berries get you high, but adding the different flavors of herbs etc makes the booze hit you differently.  

Absinthe has more than just wormwood-- a lot more.  The added impurities from the various herbs will make you feel a different drunk.

Yes.  I usually file it under "You fail biochemistry forever."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on July 13, 2009, 06:19:34 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on July 13, 2009, 06:09:15 PM

This.

The reason you get a "different" drunk is for the same reasons you get a "different" drunk off of Gin vs. Vodka; the distilling process is the same, but gin has extra flavors in it, primarily juniper.  no one would say that juniper berries get you high, but adding the different flavors of herbs etc makes the booze hit you differently.  

Absinthe has more than just wormwood-- a lot more.  The added impurities from the various herbs will make you feel a different drunk.

Yes.  I usually file it under "You fail biochemistry forever."

Yes.

The added "impurities" are called "chemicals" and, depending on what they are, they may have an intoxicating effect of their own.

Bruno

Asarone from calamus root is one example. It is known to have an effect all on its own.
Formerly something else...

Suu

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on July 13, 2009, 06:09:44 PM
Quote from: Suu on July 13, 2009, 03:16:57 PM

If there's hallucination from absinthe, something's gone horribly wrong.

Precisely. It just goes to show the common misconception of the effects of the liquor brought on by anti-absinthe propaganda before the ban.

It makes you hallucinate and do really bad things, like rape and kill women. See?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

trippinprincezz13

Apparently gives you super strength too cuz that guy on the bottom looks like he hucked that girl over the bridge behind him and some distance away.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Bruno

That would make a great label for an absinthe bottle.
Formerly something else...