News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

WTF(japan related, somewhat)

Started by EK WAFFLR, January 22, 2012, 12:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

I just watched RoboGeisha for the third time.
Epic movie and all that.
BUT. The one thing that caught my eye when I rerewatched it was that the subtitles were done by HAGBARD CELINE
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 22, 2012, 12:33:51 AM
I just watched RoboGeisha for the third time.
Epic movie and all that.
BUT. The one thing that caught my eye when I rerewatched it was that the subtitles were done by HAGBARD CELINE

Ha!  That's really funny!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

I know! I laughed my arse off!

Of course, another funny thing was when I told Mr. Lovesauce about it, his immediate reaction was: HAGBARD CELINE IS A REAL PERSON?

(And yes, I love having someone so close to me that I can diss them all over the interbutts)
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

BadBeast

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 22, 2012, 03:07:51 AM

Of course, another funny thing was when I told Mr. Lovesauce about it, his immediate reaction was: HAGBARD CELINE IS A REAL PERSON?

(And yes, I love having someone so close to me that I can diss them all over the interbutts)
You and Hagbard are close?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Phox

Quote from: BadBeast on January 22, 2012, 05:32:52 AM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 22, 2012, 03:07:51 AM

You and Hagbard are close?
Pretty sure he was talking about Lovesauce.

EK WAFFLR

I was talking about the 'Sauce, yes.

[/b]

BadBeast

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 22, 2012, 02:58:10 PM

I suspected as much, but you never know for sure when fictional characters are involved. Everything about them is at best, a clever fabrication. From their recounted exploits, to their favourite cigars, it's one lie after another. So when one of these charlatans claims to be fictional, why believe this one thing? He's probably lying again. And even if he was telling the truth, I for one, would find it hard to believe him.

And as for Hagbard Celine, he told me once he doesn't know a single word of Japanese, so how did he know what subtitles to write?
Answer me that!
:jumper:

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: BadBeast on January 22, 2012, 04:24:22 PM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 22, 2012, 02:58:10 PM

I suspected as much, but you never know for sure when fictional characters are involved. Everything about them is at best, a clever fabrication. From their recounted exploits, to their favourite cigars, it's one lie after another. So when one of these charlatans claims to be fictional, why believe this one thing? He's probably lying again. And even if he was telling the truth, I for one, would find it hard to believe him.

And as for Hagbard Celine, he told me once he doesn't know a single word of Japanese, so how did he know what subtitles to write?
Answer me that!
:jumper:

Have you seen RoboGeisha? The dialogue is..... not important.

[/b]

BadBeast

I tried to watch it on Tubeplus last night, but gave up because they only had versions without subtitles. But those Arse Katanas look pretty awesome. And the deadly titty milk.

I fapped. 

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

Telarus

It's an internet nick of the person who did the custom subtitles.

He probably picked it as he's a fan of the character from
Illuminatus!, etc...
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Telarus on January 24, 2012, 03:53:28 PM
It's an internet nick of the person who did the custom subtitles.

He probably picked it as he's a fan of the character from
Illuminatus!, etc...

Of course.
It was just funny to see an obvious nick on a DVD release.

[/b]

Telarus

Oh, cool. I've been up near all night.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 24, 2012, 03:40:55 PM
Ask your Hagbard about this, BB:

I would, if I thought I'd get a straight answer. And he's calling herself "Mr Quimper" these days.

Cain

It's a very common name, Hagbard Celine.

Like Mr Smith, or Mohammed, or Randi Hole Mortenson.