News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

IOU? not from you CA

Started by fomenter, July 12, 2009, 05:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jenne

Yeah, signs of the times, really.  So's this:  http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2041471.html

My mom says that the jails have already begun releasing people who have 60 days or less left on their sentences, and the prisons are next.  (Jails are county, prisons are state, for anyone not in the know.)  They're not going to advertize it, she says, since it would cause an uproar of epic proportions and nothing would get accomplished.  They'll just keep saying they haven't decided on it yet, meanwhile scores of people will be released contingent on criteria that is preset by a group of lawmakers, judges and prison officials.

This is what happens when the public fora for these things breaks down and refuses to work together--the powers that be just quietly do their own thing--easier to apologize than ask for permission, I'd say.

fomenter

:argh!:  i guess cutting the budget of police departments and laying off officers at the same time is part of the plan???
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Richter

Honestly, whatever they do, people will bitch and complain.  If they announce it, someone will get a grassroots group together to stop it, or failing that wreck the signing politician's rep. with their constituency.

If they don't I can see lots more folks just going "Oh well", and taking it. 
This highlights where voting poorly bites people in the ass.  How many of us think about how who we voted in as Mayor, Governor, or President would handle such situations before we punch the ballot?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jenne

fomie, yes, of course.  Meanwhile cutting the schoolday and also the schoolyear as well so that MORE crimes can be committed between 3pm and 6pm, with less officers to deal with it of course.

They might NOT be cutting the fire fighters as much, though, because, you know, CA tends to burn away every 3 years or so.

There's a shit-ton of spending they are cutting...all because taxes on the rich MUST NOT BE RAISED, EVAR!!!  That's Arnie's pledge and he's stickin' to it.

Jenne

Quote from: Mumia Vending Machine on July 21, 2009, 04:50:38 PM
Honestly, whatever they do, people will bitch and complain.  If they announce it, someone will get a grassroots group together to stop it, or failing that wreck the signing politician's rep. with their constituency.

If they don't I can see lots more folks just going "Oh well", and taking it. 
This highlights where voting poorly bites people in the ass.  How many of us think about how who we voted in as Mayor, Governor, or President would handle such situations before we punch the ballot?

Ironically enough, that's how The Governator got into power...we voted out his predecessor because we thought he was handling the brown-and-black-outs in the power shortages badly.

Little did we know...