News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

More OK Cupid fun

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, July 16, 2009, 08:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 03, 2010, 09:19:24 PM
I answered "Yes" to that question and I stick by it.

People with low IQs are still people, thus the world would be a better place if they weren't allowed to reproduce.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Fronkensteen, The Hawk

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 03, 2010, 07:13:46 PM
Quote from: Sir Fronkensteen of the 9th Realm in Sector 7 on November 03, 2010, 07:05:08 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on November 03, 2010, 03:03:51 PM
I'd just like to state that I answered "No" on that answer, on the grounds that people do horrible things to each other even when they're smart, and it's usually worse because they've got more inventive ways of being horrible.

I answered "yes" for the sake of irony and the sake of that particular shot.  It wouldn't be fair to not let someone reproduce because of IQ, then we'd have a cesspool of inbred geniuses.

fair enough (though I don't think "irony" means what you think it means), but your creep-o-meter is still HORRIBLY out of whack. :lulz:

I know what it means, but in the heat of the moment, I fordgetz mai werdz.   Happens quite a bit.  Maybe I should back off the ganja.

East Coast Hustle

I know that giving up the weed has made me a more hateful and terrible person. I view this as a plus. It's hard to be properly hateful and terrible when you lack motivation to get off the couch.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bella

Quote from: Liam on November 04, 2010, 08:07:23 PM
QuoteI know that giving up the weed has made me a more hateful and terrible person.

The warm fuzzy apathy is the only thing stopping me going on a d/t induced killing spree atm. giving up the booze has activated my arsehole glands it would seem.

No, honey.

It's not that giving up the booze has made you more of an arsehole. 

Giving up the booze = having to see people w/o the alcohol induced rose colored glasses of brotherhood and love.

Irritating fuckers, aren't they?
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

East Coast Hustle

Oh, I always feel so happy when you de-lurk to post here.

Even when I'm not as shitwasted drunk as I am now.

HI BELLA!

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 04, 2010, 06:38:04 PM
I know that giving up the weed has made me a more hateful and terrible person. I view this as a plus. It's hard to be properly hateful and terrible when you lack motivation to get off the couch.

I just figured out that I did mean irony, considering I have a high IQ and choose NOT to reproduce. :lulz:

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sir Fronkensteen of the 9th Realm in Sector 7 on November 05, 2010, 03:12:37 PM
Quote from: First City Hustle on November 04, 2010, 06:38:04 PM

I just figured out that I did mean irony, considering I have a high IQ and choose NOT to reproduce. :lulz:

that's not irony.

ETA: Is there a more frequently misused word among the younger generation? I don't think there is.

How is it not irony if I deliberately answered yes, knowing I myself don't reproduce?

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, "How nice!" when I said I had to work all weekend.

Literature .
a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

b.
(esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Socratic irony.
dramatic irony.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
the incongruity of this.
an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

East Coast Hustle

It would have been irony if you had a low IQ and wanted to reproduce and answered how you did.

Bella

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 05, 2010, 06:07:34 AM

HI BELLA!

HI ECH!  How's it going? 
just like in a dream

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 05, 2010, 05:40:42 PM
It would have been irony if you had a low IQ and wanted to reproduce and answered how you did.

This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Bella on November 05, 2010, 06:00:34 PM

HI BELLA!

HI ECH!  How's it going? 

Pretty amazingly awesome! I love my job and I have a 6-week vacation coming up in December/January. And I just got an impossibly cute dog. How's things for you?

Why are we arguing about this anyway??  Where is the love??         SHEL, still has her rose colored glasses

East Coast Hustle

I actually decided I was being needlessly dickish, given that I usually give other people shit for being unnecessarily pedantic. The over- and misuse of the word "irony" is just a pet peeve.

As for the love, well, I think I left it in the wastebasket of a Super 8 Motel.

Bella

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 05, 2010, 10:53:02 PM
Quote from: Bella on November 05, 2010, 06:00:34 PM

HI BELLA!

HI ECH!  How's it going? 

Pretty amazingly awesome! I love my job and I have a 6-week vacation coming up in December/January. And I just got an impossibly cute dog. How's things for you?

That all sounds so great! I'm well happy for you. And also........puppy!!!! 

Things are good here, too, thanks. The job's driving me a bit crazy this week, but that's more than balanced out by the fact that I have chocolate, Liam gave me roses this morning, Sara's flown off to Germany on the holiday of her dreams, and my new best friend owns a medical canabis dispensary.
just like in a dream