News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Obama is Kerensky and [insert name here] is the new Lenin

Started by Cain, July 19, 2009, 04:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvidia

Let's hope the Repugs don't manage to heal that rift by the time midterms come around or we may be as fucked as Cain suggests. I like my Republicans dumb and split, thanks.
If in fact the Republicans get their shit together, I think I'll find a way to watch the fireworks from afar. It's more entertaining then being next to the fuses.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Nerve-Ending Fairy on July 21, 2009, 01:32:35 AM
If in fact the Republicans get their shit together, I think I'll find a way to watch the fireworks from afar. It's more entertaining then being next to the fuses.
I used to think Canada was far enough away, but alas not, it seems..

Jenne

Har.  Here in Toronto, Amurrica IS Canada.  (Apologies to the natives, but your cable has ATLANTA tv fer fucksakes)

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Jenne on July 21, 2009, 01:36:14 AM
Har.  Here in Toronto, Amurrica IS Canada.  (Apologies to the natives, but your cable has ATLANTA tv fer fucksakes)

I wish we got atlanta tv up north

you in my country jenne?
and if so how longs
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Captain Utopia

How are you enjoying Toronto? We've been having the crappiest summer so far - so apologies for that. Plus, being a tourist destination, a lot of places here downtown take US as well as Canadian currency.

Jenne

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 21, 2009, 01:37:56 AM

you in my country jenne?
and if so how longs

I am NOT that far from you, as it happens, TI.  I'm in Toronto till Sat.  I'm trying to hook up w/Hoops for a beer--looks like tomorrow night--you mobile?

fictionpuss, ON is nice and GREEN, which is always a plus in my book coming from the browns of the So Cali desert as I do.  The summer weather is fine to me since I'm not really here for sun--I come from sun, so anything different is ok.  I'm having shit luck, though, as I currently have a lung infection and had to send the husband to NY yesterday (well, shit, he was going to Niagara Falls anyway, so no biggie to hop across and pay the $$ for the drugs) to get me antibx.

So hack-cough-hack I hope to be in better form tomorrow.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Jenne on July 21, 2009, 01:48:46 AM
Har.  Here in Toronto, Amurrica IS Canada.  (Apologies to the natives, but your cable has ATLANTA tv fer fucksakes)

you in my country jenne?
and if so how longs

I am NOT that far from you, as it happens, TI.  I'm in Toronto till Sat.  I'm trying to hook up w/Hoops for a beer--looks like tomorrow night--you mobile?

actually Im 4 hours north of you, if you take the new highway
my friend in Toronto has been bugging me to come down with him (he works up here during the week) don't know though if I could make it before Saturday - ill drop him a facebook message though
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Corvidia

fictionpuss, ON is nice and GREEN, which is always a plus in my book coming from the browns of the So Cali desert as I do.  The summer weather is fine to me since I'm not really here for sun--I come from sun, so anything different is ok.
^That. Everything here is dead and brown by the beginning of June at the latest, so greenery is always welcome.

Canada's just a bit too close to really enjoy the show. On the other hands, there's no place that's the ideal distance and I'm sure Americans will not necessarily receive a warm welcome in a lot of places if we has the dumb and elect another mouth breather.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Jenne

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 21, 2009, 01:51:43 AM

you in my country jenne?
and if so how longs

I am NOT that far from you, as it happens, TI.  I'm in Toronto till Sat.  I'm trying to hook up w/Hoops for a beer--looks like tomorrow night--you mobile?

actually Im 4 hours north of you, if you take the new highway
my friend in Toronto has been bugging me to come down with him (he works up here during the week) don't know though if I could make it before Saturday - ill drop him a facebook message though

well, do whatcha can, dude, and pm me details when you have 'em! :D

Cain

I don't know...the view from the Kremlin must be pretty good.

Jenne

Quote from: The Nerve-Ending Fairy on July 21, 2009, 01:54:54 AM
fictionpuss, ON is nice and GREEN, which is always a plus in my book coming from the browns of the So Cali desert as I do.  The summer weather is fine to me since I'm not really here for sun--I come from sun, so anything different is ok.
^That. Everything here is dead and brown by the beginning of June at the latest, so greenery is always welcome.

Canada's just a bit too close to really enjoy the show. On the other hands, there's no place that's the ideal distance and I'm sure Americans will not necessarily receive a warm welcome in a lot of places if we has the dumb and elect another mouth breather.

:lulz:  Canada's got enough of a show on its own.  The trash crisis here alone is :lulz:-worthy.

Thurnez Isa

Jenne if you think southern Ontario is green come up north and see me

trust me you have NO idea

Dante

Jenne

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 21, 2009, 01:57:41 AM
Jenne if you think southern Ontario is green come up north and see me

trust me you have NO idea

I believe you--I got to see a NIP of Scotland...damn that place was hurting my eyes it was so green.  It's just the WEATHER you have to well, WEATHER in order to GET the green that would probably slay me.

I'm a weather wimp.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Jenne on July 21, 2009, 01:59:02 AM
I believe you--I got to see a NIP of Scotland...damn that place was hurting my eyes it was so green.  It's just the WEATHER you have to well, WEATHER in order to GET the green that would probably slay me.
That's one of the reasons I escaped Scotland and return as infrequently as possible. I miss the colour but not the weather.