News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland teaser trailer released

Started by Da6s, July 22, 2009, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

my point on Nightmare before X-Mas isnt the film itself... its kind of a work that is referenced just to be "in" at certain cliques at least around here... its like... i can only think of local examples - say, here if you make a poll about their favorite movie to students of any field of social sciences they would answer 80% "El Topo" of Jodorowsky or make another poll with goths they would answer 80% "Nightmare Before..."

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Are they all children? Because my kids really love Nightmare Before Christmas.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Nightmare Before Christmas was not "in" for quite awhile.  I went to see it when it first came out--the Goth-types were there, yes, but it didn't hit the usual "Tim Burton cult fame" type level until Disney made a ride out of it at Disneyland.  Then it fucking exploded.