News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland teaser trailer released

Started by Da6s, July 22, 2009, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

my point on Nightmare before X-Mas isnt the film itself... its kind of a work that is referenced just to be "in" at certain cliques at least around here... its like... i can only think of local examples - say, here if you make a poll about their favorite movie to students of any field of social sciences they would answer 80% "El Topo" of Jodorowsky or make another poll with goths they would answer 80% "Nightmare Before..."

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Are they all children? Because my kids really love Nightmare Before Christmas.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Nightmare Before Christmas was not "in" for quite awhile.  I went to see it when it first came out--the Goth-types were there, yes, but it didn't hit the usual "Tim Burton cult fame" type level until Disney made a ride out of it at Disneyland.  Then it fucking exploded.