News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Birthers scare the fuck out of me

Started by LMNO, July 24, 2009, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

no damnit you're getting it all wrong, everybody!

it's not about whether the city or the countryside is better or not, or whether the one has more common sense and the other has more book learnin and them being morally superior or not.

fuck, haven't we learned ANYTHING on this forum???

THERE'S STUPID PEOPLE EVERYWHERE

EVEN IF THEY HAVE A FUCKING NOBEL PRIZE

jezus fuck it's a good thing the one group isn't massively moving into the other's territory or you'd all be like "here are all these country/city people takin' our jobs and our moneys and being all smelly and disrespectful to our values"

and shit like that, it's the same fucking coin on both sides!

except that, well yeah, I'm a city person, so I prefer to live there and what I saw in that documentary (blatant bigotry and some really weird uninformed ideas) sorta scared me, I wouldnt like to live there I think. but on the other hand, I'm damn sure that city people have equally much and similar faults, especially when you take the general demographic as a whole.

I can tell you a better story, because I know shitfuck about American culture except what I see on video. I talked about how 20% of my city is students, right?
Well, when I was a student it's real easy to get completely immersed in the student life and know nothing else. You are the intellectual elite and sorta look down upon (the frat boys and girls are worst) the native city people, called "stadjers" (which is dialect, kinda like "cituhzens", except it's actual dialect not a slur so we wear it with pride). I never really did that, but the separation was there.
Right now I'm no longer a student, haven't been really, or really felt like one ever since I was about 2 years older than the average graduation age. I'm connecting with these stadjers, hell, I am one and seriously, the student life is a fucking tunnel vision, yeah these people may not have higher education, but that doesn't mean they aren't smart. Fuck if I know anything, there's at least as much asshole students as there are asshole stadjers, same for the stupid, same for the smart.
Oh, right, and it's doing wonders for my networking :-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Thurnez Isa

Us bush people are coming to get you city slickers when our resources get low!
:argh!:

So keep drinking your cafe lattes and eating your tofu.
Because I like the taste of coffee and vegetarians make for better eating.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

As part of the decadent rural intelligensia, I shall make fun of you poor, ignorant and bumbling city dwellers in whatever way I choose, and 000's words of human brotherhood and decency shall not sway me otherwise.

Elder Iptuous

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on July 25, 2009, 09:44:22 PM
As part of the decadent rural intelligensia, I shall make fun of you poor, ignorant and bumbling city dwellers in whatever way I choose, and 000's words of human brotherhood and decency shall not sway me otherwise.

Fine. If I get to be on your side, I'm okay with that, too.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rumckle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 25, 2009, 05:06:08 PM

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

This needs to be PDF'd

:lol:

Feel free to (I don't have the resources atm, plus I may not be online for a few days), and to change anything to something better.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cain

Is CNN's President a birther?  Or does he simply want the crackpot ratings the stories attract?  I mean, I'm guessing Dobbs and Beck were hired on his watch...

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/political-media/cnn-president-brushes-off-criticism-of-lou-dobbs-continued-floating-of-birther-theories/

Cainad (dec.)

Birther hilarity from the Daily Show: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-july-22-2009/the-born-identity

Start learning why Lou Dobbs is an idiot at 3:40!

(sorry if repost)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 25, 2009, 07:31:59 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 25, 2009, 04:31:27 PM
to be fair when i said "intellectual elite city people", my emphasis was on "city people", it's more like the rural/urban divide (or perhaps what Iptuous says, individual/collective), and "intellectual elite" not really based on intelligence but on the way both parties talk and present themselves, which has not much to do with intelligence and there's enough dumb people in the city too. hm wait this is also wrong, but they arent my words but those in the documentary :)

also, as an outsider, it is the enormous gap in the divide that i found interesting, not whether one party or the other is more right.

As a resident of the dirty south, I'm pretty familiar with the loathing of city folk by rural, well, elitists. There is a perception that city folk have more "book learnin'", but country people have more "common sense" and are morally superior.

They are, of course, willfully ignorant of the fact that crime rates are higher per capita in rural areas than in urban areas.

Also, there's the whole urban = black subtext.

All of the above are true statements.

Also, "country folk" have very little "common sense".  That's why they spend all day smoking a meth pipe.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on July 26, 2009, 06:19:13 PM
Birther hilarity from the Daily Show: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-july-22-2009/the-born-identity

Start learning why Lou Dobbs is an idiot at 3:40!

(sorry if repost)

Fucking awesome.

Jon Stewart is the closest thing America has to a journalist.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 26, 2009, 06:30:47 PM
[Fucking awesome.

Jon Stewart is the closest thing America has to a journalist.

"horrormirth" its  horrifying  its funny  its true   :horrormirth:

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 26, 2009, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 25, 2009, 07:31:59 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 25, 2009, 04:31:27 PM
to be fair when i said "intellectual elite city people", my emphasis was on "city people", it's more like the rural/urban divide (or perhaps what Iptuous says, individual/collective), and "intellectual elite" not really based on intelligence but on the way both parties talk and present themselves, which has not much to do with intelligence and there's enough dumb people in the city too. hm wait this is also wrong, but they arent my words but those in the documentary :)

also, as an outsider, it is the enormous gap in the divide that i found interesting, not whether one party or the other is more right.

As a resident of the dirty south, I'm pretty familiar with the loathing of city folk by rural, well, elitists. There is a perception that city folk have more "book learnin'", but country people have more "common sense" and are morally superior.

They are, of course, willfully ignorant of the fact that crime rates are higher per capita in rural areas than in urban areas.

Also, there's the whole urban = black subtext.

All of the above are true statements.

Also, "country folk" have very little "common sense".  That's why they spend all day smoking a meth pipe.

They're also really real environmentalists because they live in the country, you know, where the environment is!

RFD-TV (DirecTV channel 345, Dish Network channel 231) is a good place to get a feel for "country lifestyles and perspectives".   Here you'll learn things from really real environmentalists like how to take full advantage of the serene silence of the country by bombing your neighborhood with bug poison.
Formerly something else...

LMNO

THEY CAN TAKE MY LATTE WHEN THEY PRY IT FROM MY COLD, UNCALLOUSED, LILY-WHITE HAND!
   \

Iason Ouabache

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2009/07/crazy-eileen.html

QuoteRemember the loony red-shirted birther who made international news when she hijacked Rep. Mike Castle's town hall meeting? It turns out that she is well-known around Delaware as "Crazy Eileen." Conservative radio host Jared Morris has posted a YouTube clip of her calls.

QuoteIn a call from a January show, on New Year's predictions, the woman discusses aliens, angels and the end of life on Earth, according to an audio clip Morris posted on YouTube this week. In a videotaped introduction, Morris said the woman featured on the YouTube video from the meeting was a regular caller to his program. "I want you guys to know exactly who you were cheering," Morris said in the clip. She repeatedly has called Obama "the antichrist" on the airwaves, and "her phone calls have turned to faxes and threats," according to Morris. "I have actually talked to an angel who came down in human form," she said during the Jan. 1 show. "We will have alien contact in October of this year, in the southwestern USA." One prediction may seem ironic in light of the anger expressed in her diatribe toward Castle: "There will be peace among men and negativity will end," she told Morris.

:lulz:  I hope she gets her own talk show soon.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO