News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Birthers scare the fuck out of me

Started by LMNO, July 24, 2009, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 28, 2009, 03:37:48 PM
The democrats exist to stop the republicans.
The republicans exist to help you hate the democrats.
Neither one actually makes decisions.

I actually can't stand Republicans aside from what the Democrats do, but I know what you mean.

Neither one actually does anything WORTH anything of note, lately, but the Republicans did get a lot accomplished through Dick Cheney and his Boy Wonder.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Jenne on July 28, 2009, 03:06:21 PM
Birthers are Republitards, no?

And I'm juxtaposing the fact that, sure the damned fringe element has taken over any sanity the Republicans might have had left in their party after Palin's disgraceful and tragically funny showing in the presidential race, but what have Democrats done with this?
Hey, crazy people deserve representation too!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 28, 2009, 05:56:42 PM
Quote from: Jenne on July 28, 2009, 03:06:21 PM
Birthers are Republitards, no?

And I'm juxtaposing the fact that, sure the damned fringe element has taken over any sanity the Republicans might have had left in their party after Palin's disgraceful and tragically funny showing in the presidential race, but what have Democrats done with this?
Hey, crazy people deserve representation too!!!

:lol:  Well, there's crazy and then there's...certifiable and pathological.

Bu🤠ns

:tinfoilhat: i went to http://urbandictionary.com to get a definition of "Birthers" and it's the TOP definition on the page.

brick hath been shat

Jenne

And then below it is "weenis"...I think it fitting.  Also, the sample sentence is :lol:-worthy

Cramulus

two nails in the coffin of the Birther movement, brought to you by Jon and Stephen:

The Born Identity

Womb Raiders

Every birther should be required to watch these.
I wish the "Barack is a Muslim" crowd was still getting this kind of attention. It's a riot!

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cramulus on July 29, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I wish the "Barack is a Muslim" crowd was still getting this kind of attention. It's a riot!
I'm not sure. I mean, the worst that will happen is that some time within the next few months GOP will finally be forced to repudiate the birther claims openly. Then these people will just fade back into the crowd, reclaim their anonymity, and get on with their lives. It's not a real debate, and as such they don't care if we can demonstrate the lunacy of their position. Every minute of the news-cycle which isn't devoted to Healthcare right now is a win for the GOP, ever since Obama pinned his credibility to passing that legislation.

Jenne

Well, fp, if that's correct, then Obama's already passed the torch on to the Congress and left the ball in their court.  He gave them a list of what he wanted, and he's not getting the main thing:  government-sponsored health care.  The Democrats in Congress have screwed the pooch and compromised on that, in the name of "collaboration"--which is bullshit, of course.

Captain Utopia

Cain

Michael Steele only thinks he is in charge of the GOP.

They'll keep talking about it until Rush Limbaugh says not to.

LMNO

Orly's on NPR, and she's batshit nuts.

Requia ☣

Liar

NPR is talking about North Korea.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Apart from nukes, there is no functional difference between the two.

LMNO

Quote from: Requia ☣ on July 29, 2009, 05:45:42 PM
Liar

NPR is talking about North Korea.

I live in the past, via podcast.

AFK

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2009, 05:42:44 PM
Michael Steele only thinks he is in charge of the GOP.

They'll keep talking about it until Rush Limbaugh says not to.

I fully expect Michael Steele to go on some radio show, maybe even Rush's, and walk that statement back somehow.  I've yet see him take any kind of stand against the wackos and not end up apologizing for it.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.